Flared or 'duck feet' nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovebugg

Reaction score
heyy everyone im thinking bout doing something different with my nails. i want feedback on wat people think and if u have pictures too thankss :green:

Hi and welcome to Salongeek. :)

Personally, I am not a fan of the flared or duck foot nail. If you do a search, you should be able to find pics. I'm sure I've seen some posted on here.

I agree with the above reply I really dislike both of these looks, they do not compliment the natural nail nor are they pleasing to the eye. When i first saw nails like this I genuinley thought it was a non trained tech who had severe streamlining problems lol then I realised that it was becoming a minor trend lol

I am sounding a bit rude towards these styles but I honestly hate them lol

Last edited:
I agree with the above reply I really dislike both of these looks, they do not compliment the natural nail nor are they pleasing to the eye. When i first saw nails like this I genuinley thought it was a non trained tech who had severe streamlining problems lol then I realised that it was becoming a minor trend lol

I am sounding a bit rude towards these styles but I honestly hate them lol

Same. but I think maybe they look better in person then pictures?? I would try anything once :)

oh my goodness, i agree with all the above. please tell me I'm not going to be doing this due to a small trend. there look is what my horse could do.

I found some flared nail pics... Looks like you can eat ice cream with some of them. :eek:

Flared Nails

They are truly revolting ... As if someone is having a joke.
They should be on the cover of a book entitled, "How to create the ugliest nails imaginable".
In fact if there were an ugly nail contest, this style would win it hands down! I would be ashamed to wear or do nails that looked like any of those posted images. :eek:

They are truly revolting ... As if someone is having a joke.
They should be on the cover of a book entitled, "How to create the ugliest nails imaginable".
In fact if there were an ugly nail contest, this style would win it hands down! I would be ashamed to wear or do nails that looked like any of those posted images. :eek:

I do alot of nails that look very natural with no flare and occasinally I get someone who wants flaired nails (not like duck feet) but slightly flared and they look great in person.. personally photos of duck feet are un appealing to me BUT some clients may love it, having all that space for color and design! so if someone REALLY wanted it I would give it a try it might look better in person dont knock it till you try it :) but I fortunitly havent had that request yet ;)

I do alot of nails that look very natural with no flare and occasinally I get someone who wants flaired nails (not like duck feet) but slightly flared and they look great in person.. personally photos of duck feet are un appealing to me BUT some clients may love it, having all that space for color and design! so if someone REALLY wanted it I would give it a try it might look better in person dont knock it till you try it :) but I fortunitly havent had that request yet ;)
Don't Knock it till you try it? :eek: Are you kidding me? :lol: I have my principles, and my standards and I don't do ugly. And I do not believe for a nanosecond that duck bill nails look better in person! And whether some clients may love it or not is up to them ... Then they can find a nail technician who will do it for them ... It won't be me.

I had a client who had them when she first came to me. She said she liked them that way. I said not any more you don't! Lol. I refused and made them pretty again. X

I am willing to try anything so if someone ABSOLUTLY WANTED IT even though I think its kind of ugly, I would do it! Its not going to put my "reputation" on the line most people know I don't do that but I became a nail tech because people told me no when I would ask for things and I never want to do that to anyone.. I would voice my feeling about it,tell them to give it a try then to maybe try my normal slyle and see what they prefer, im open minded.

Sorry guys, but I'm with Gigi here - IMO they are truly revolting to look at and I would refuse to apply them if I was asked. I am all for catering to client needs and requests, but surely a large part of our job as nail technicians is educating our clients about their nails: the most flattering shape for their hands, most appropriate length for their lifestyle etc?

If I saw these on someone, I would not have realised they were an intentional style: they just look like they have come out that way at the hands of an unskilled or inexperienced technician who hasn't got the hang of enhancements yet! I am in the business of creating nails that compliment the hands, where the balance is right and the enhancements look natural and as if they 'belong' to that person, so would I be happy with someone walking around with these, saying I did them? No, I would not.

I think they are awful I'd be itching to get a file in them & bring the sidewalls in!! Lol also awful are the bubble nails!!

I'd never heard of these but I have to say I think they are truly awful!!

How terribly strange, I've had clients ask for them a little larger but never like THAT. Wow! I guess there isn't much room for deviation when it comes to nails, and that's a strange attempt at doing so. >.<

Oh my god - never seen these before. Horrid!!

i get the impression they would make even the most long slender of fingers look stumpy and fat! :(

Absolutely effin hideous!!! :) why on earth???

OMG I didn't realise people actually do these on purpose! I have seen nails like this in person and also on a lot of nail art pages through google. My first thought has always been ' even my worst nails look better than that' I honestly thought they were done by techs who hadn't shaped the tips properly!

Well there is my new piece of learning for today :)

Also no offence to anyone who does these nails or sports a set themselves!

How could you even do day-to-day things with these nails! Lol they look revolting and like they would catch on everything and 'ping' off easily!
Defo wouldnt offer these myself, would feel guilty taking money off someone after seeing the end result! X

Latest posts

Back