Flush at the cuticle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosey

Reaction score
i do like how i do my nails but i do wish that i could maybe bit a bit moreflush around the cuticle at times does any one have any tips for this ?? thanks guys xx

I make sure i use a small bead and then place it just below where i want it...then gently push the product up to where i want it and pull it away again...leaving a very thin layer in zone 3...I also use a 240 to gently blend the product into the nail leaving no visible line. HTH x

thanks hun i do use a small bead in zone 3 but i do get a faint line and i dont want to file there to much so i suppose its just method ..... you wouldnt think id be asking this question after 4 years but we all need some new advice at aome point lol :) thanks xx

thanks hun i do use a small bead in zone 3 but i do get a faint line and i dont want to file there to much so i suppose its just method ..... you wouldnt think id be asking this question after 4 years but we all need some new advice at aome point lol :) thanks xx
if you're filing enough and blending properly there shouldnt be any visible line between the acrylic and the cuticle.
sometimes it gets scary and you dont want to file away too much - using the 240 after you've used your drill is great advice, sometimes you can even blend during the buffing stages. I buff with a tiny bit of cuticle oil as well, which helps smooth the nail and usually rids of any noticeable lines.

*quick tip* :: i was taught as well that if you apply dehydrator/prep-step on the enhancement BEFORE buffing and inbetween each grit of buffer, you get a really nice, smooth finish. :)

HTH
-N*

Get yourself a copy of Nailclass by Gigi Rouse. This explains perfectly how to make sure your enhancements are always perfect. Absolutely brilliant book with many 'lightbulb' moments! :)

I like to use the 240 grit CND kanga Board for this stage of buffing. Its designed to seal the cuticle line.

Latest posts

Back