Flying with L&P??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyDodds

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a bit confused, so please help!

I'm getting married in Zante in september, and being a nail tech myself, i'm doing my own nails for the wedding. I'm planning on doing my nails before i go out to Zante, but i want to take some l&P with me...just in case of an accident...but not sure wether i can take it on the plane with me (i think not cos of the liquid being flammable), but nor do i want to put it my suitcase in the hold, just in case with the change of pressure, it leaks! Has anyone else done it (i'm sure you have!) and what did you do?!:confused:

I think you'd be best off putting it in your suitcase in the hold.

All liquids/make-up have to be declared at customs/security and they give you a clear plastic bag to put everything into. Even so, I'd be very surprised if they let you go through with such a flammable liquid on your person.

You can call your airline to find the exact rules though. Better safe than very disappointed!

xx

Hello
I used to be cabin crew, you will not be allowed to take that with you in your hand luggage because of it being a flammable liquid.
Put it in your suitcase.
HTH
xxx

Thank you bronni, do you think it would leak in my suitcase?!

Thank you bronni, do you think it would leak in my suitcase?!

Could you put it into a plastic lunch box or something to keep it from comin in contact with other items? I cant see why it would leak but i would be worried abot having a suitcase full of monomer covered clothes too! :hug:

Could you put it into a plastic lunch box or something to keep it from comin in contact with other items? I cant see why it would leak but i would be worried abot having a suitcase full of monomer covered clothes too! :hug:

That's a good idea, i'm intending on buying a new bottle of liquid so i suppose it'll be sealed so shouldn't leak, i'm just so worried about having all my wedding paraphenalia in my suitcase if it does leak!

Like Miss Owen said, you could put it in a plastic lunch box etc.

Also, if you are using a padlock on your case, get one that has both the 3 numbers on it (and also underneath it will have a lil hole for a key - these are for security people at the airport, that way if they need to look in your case, they will open it that way, rather than just breaking your suitcase! Which will mean all your wedding stuff will get dirty/lost :( )
HTH
xxx

Put it in a lunch box and cover it with a flanel or tissue, if it leaks it wont go over your clothes
xxx

I know you'll prob do this anyway but I've just had a thought...If you're taking a new bottle of monomer I would just check that it is ok/not faulty before you go. Don't want you getting it there ok but unable to use it if you have a breakage because its faulty!

I would probably bubble wrap it...wrap it in a small towel and place in a tub as has been suggested but apart from this I think the best thing to do if your not travelling alone is pack it into someone elses case :lol:

I thought you couldn't fly with monomer as a volitile liquid , I also thought the change in pressuere/ tempretuer might make it evaperate , if that was to happen it would leak / escape anyway and the smell would be on everything? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know lol just a guess really X don't go gettin attact by sniffer dogs will ya lol

Oh just to add if it did escape I think anything poly that it got into contact with in ur bag might kind of react, so shirt buttons, camar , sunglasses make up bottles , maybe even the inside of ur bag ! Lol ,

I took a bottle in my suitcase when I flew to the States last year. It was absolutely fine.

J xx

i thought you couldn't fly with monomer as a volitile liquid , i also thought the change in pressuere/ tempretuer might make it evaperate , if that was to happen it would leak / escape anyway and the smell would be on everything? Maybe i'm wrong i don't know lol just a guess really x don't go gettin attact by sniffer dogs will ya lol

aaaagggghhhh!!!

Hi,

I'm a bit confused, so please help!

I'm getting married in Zante in september, and being a nail tech myself, i'm doing my own nails for the wedding. I'm planning on doing my nails before i go out to Zante, but i want to take some l&P with me...just in case of an accident...but not sure wether i can take it on the plane with me (i think not cos of the liquid being flammable), but nor do i want to put it my suitcase in the hold, just in case with the change of pressure, it leaks! Has anyone else done it (i'm sure you have!) and what did you do?!:confused:
Lucy I have answered your PM!

I thought you couldn't fly with monomer as a volitile liquid , I also thought the change in pressuere/ tempretuer might make it evaperate , if that was to happen it would leak / escape anyway and the smell would be on everything? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know lol just a guess really X don't go gettin attact by sniffer dogs will ya lol

How do you think we ocassionally bring L+P into the UK? I have travelled with a brand new Ret+ Trial pack (1oz liquid) and a brand new 2oz ScrubFresh. In the suitcase - no problems! :eek:

Oh ok makes scence . I stand corrected, I did say I was guessing,LOL
but if it's not as volitile as we are led to belive why is shipping so expencive?
Why won't royal mail handle it if they know what is in the box?

Really though in the world in the mess it's in right now with mothers having to "drink there own expressed milk" at the terminal gate to get on a flight , and with the occational grounded flight due to " a strange smell" can't we just leave un needed flanables at home?

Oh ok makes scence . I stand corrected, I did say I was guessing,LOL
No worries :)
but if it's not as volitile as we are led to belive why is shipping so expencive?
Why won't royal mail handle it if they know what is in the box?
I dont know if 'volitile' is the right word Mizzy - Monomer is classed as 'hazzadous, but the most hazzadous product you all work with is Nail Polish :idea: - also, it is a weight issue too. Airing anything into the UK is always more expensive than shipping due to weight. Then you have everything to contend with once it lands - customs / tax / all that exciting schtuff!!

Really though in the world in the mess it's in right now with mothers having to "drink there own expressed milk" at the terminal gate to get on a flight , and with the occational grounded flight due to " a strange smell" can't we just leave un needed flanables at home?
of course... but there will always be those that want to change their nail colour whilst on holiday (so they take polish)... in this case, Lucy is getting married and wants to do her own nails... this is an easy way for her to do it without causing anyone problems.

As an aside - I said take new 'sealed' product because as Mizzy rightly says - leakages and smell can most definitely cause a problem!! HOPE THIS HELPS! :idea:;)

No worries :)
I dont know if 'volitile' is the right word Mizzy - Monomer is classed as 'hazzadous, but the most hazzadous product you all work with is Nail Polish :idea: - also, it is a weight issue too. Airing anything into the UK is always more expensive than shipping due to weight. Then you have everything to contend with once it lands - customs / tax / all that exciting schtuff!!

of course... but there will always be those that want to change their nail colour whilst on holiday (so they take polish)... in this case, Lucy is getting married and wants to do her own nails... this is an easy way for her to do it without causing anyone problems.

As an aside - I said take new 'sealed' product because as Mizzy rightly says - leakages and smell can most definitely cause a problem!! HOPE THIS HELPS! :idea:;)

Thank you very much, Mrs Geek, it's going to be a brand new pack, in mu suitcase, wrapped and packed in a box! Fingers crossed! x

Latest posts

Back