Following up job applications? Advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Hun, you too!

Hmmm I've always wondered whether to say that, employers have no problem saying that they have other people to interview, but I've always felt it would make me seem like a just wanted 'a job' not 'their job' you know ?
Kim xx

Just a quick update, in hopes that someone will see and help me with my next dilemma!!

I ended up getting offered both the jobs. Both managers were so nice, and also understanding of the fact that I had other offers. Both jobs have their pros and cons, but I'm going with the original job that this thread was all about in the first place. I told the second place that I'd get in touch today with my decision either way. The manager wants me to get her on her mobile because she's not in the salon today. I already had her number because she'd texted me a few times earlier this week to talk about the position.

Now my question is.... Is it completely unacceptable to decline the job via text?! I just think a phonecall will be so awkward, and if I send a text I'll be able to say everything I want to say without worrying about awkward silences etc. If she hadn't already come across as a "happy texter" beforehand I probably wouldn't be considering it.

Definitely call. Just relax and I'm sure you'll say everything you want to. Maybe have some bullet points in front of you as a prompt.

Thanks for the replies guys.... I ended up texting soon after my last post, and I'm totally regretting it! Ahh! Silly me. BUT, at least it's over and done with.

Latest posts

Back