Foot Filing - Dry or Wet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charonjames

Reaction score
I'm always on a quest to become better at what I do, no matter how long I've been doing it. With that said I'd like to know everyones opinion of whether dry or wet foot filing is most effective. I currently do it wet (towel-dried) with oil spritz on the foot and I use a metal foot file my local nail supply. For some customers its great but for others I’m not impressed. I’m looking for a solution that will be great for all customers (or at least most of them).

I was taught to only foot file on dry feet, as if you do it on wet feet, you can easily take too much skin off. x

I'm always on a quest to become better at what I do, no matter how long I've been doing it. With that said I'd like to know everyones opinion of whether dry or wet foot filing is most effective. I currently do it wet (towel-dried) with oil spritz on the foot and I use a metal foot file my local nail supply. For some customers its great but for others I’m not impressed. I’m looking for a solution that will be great for all customers (or at least most of them).

I use Callus Peel, then it just scrapes away beautifully.

On my NVQ course we were taught wet (well, towel dried). Don't know if that's right but that's what we were taught lol x

Hi whilst in training, i was also taught wet but towel dried x

I file on damp skin not actually wet. I spray the foot with Footlogix Callus Spray let it soak in and use an Angel file.......makes life so much easier!

I think trying to find a solution for everyone is the wrong way to go. Everyone is an individual and every service should be tailored (up to a point) for that client.

feet soaked will have very soft skin and it is easy to take too much off. But, you do need to wash feet well before doing anything to them. Personally I like dry feet as you can really feel what you are doing. Then they need smoothing.

Some people don't feel they've had a pedicure without a good soak so adapt your service for the individual.

I think trying to find a solution for everyone is the wrong way to go. Everyone is an individual and every service should be tailored (up to a point) for that client.

feet soaked will have very soft skin and it is easy to take too much off. But, you do need to wash feet well before doing anything to them. Personally I like dry feet as you can really feel what you are doing. Then they need smoothing.

Some people don't feel they've had a pedicure without a good soak so adapt your service for the individual.

I think you took my post a little too literally. I know that different people sometimes need different things but in general I'm looking for a solution that works best for ALMOST everyone (as I stated in my initial post). As I have been doing for the past 10 years, i will continue to handle my clients on a case by case basis and if I feel that an individual needs somethings different then I will proceed accordingly...

i soak the feet for 10ish mins then make sure they are really dry not just towel dry then file away, as ive found that if the feet are damp that it just clogs the file up and goes a slugie on your file as when dry (but soak) it comes of in flakes and doesnt get all stuck in your file! x

I think you took my post a little too literally. I know that different people sometimes need different things but in general I'm looking for a solution that works best for ALMOST everyone (as I stated in my initial post). As I have been doing for the past 10 years, i will continue to handle my clients on a case by case basis and if I feel that an individual needs somethings different then I will proceed accordingly...

And I think I answered you. I also wanted to make a point (to any reader) that, in my opinion, each client should be treated as an individual. There are a lot of those new to the industry that read these threads.

There are already a couple of suggestions of the chemical version on the thread.

I always do it on dry feet, then you can see how much your taking off!!!! otherwise if wet sometimes you can take off to much!!!! (not good for client a couple of days later.) i do soak feet but after i've removed hard skin!!!!

hth x

Latest posts

Back