Foot Spa or Foot bowl?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foot Spa or Foot Bowl?

• Foot Spa

Votes: 173 63.6%
  • Foot Bowl

Votes: 76 27.9%
  • Don't do pedicures

Votes: 23 8.5%

• Total voters

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I have been using a foot spa ever since I first started doing pedicures, but having done some research into the foot bowls with disposable liners which are now available, I am considering the possibility of switching to a foot bowl.

What's your preference and why?

Hi Karen XX

I love using my foot spa because it
  • keeps the water warm
  • lovely and bubbly
  • massaging on the clients feet (not pregnant women)
  • looks more professional
  • ease of cleaning

I dont like bowls mainly because they
  • dont keep the water warm
  • dont masage the client's feet
  • manual bubbles, (swishing around) lol

They are however easier to manage if you are mobile.

A nice classy bowl wont go amiss I guess...

you need an option for both hun ! lol

I use both

Footspa for reasons highlighted above ie keeping the water warm, massaging - mainly for full pedicures or luxury pedicures

Footbowl (gorgeous one as per the ones you often see in the nail mags !) for when im performing Brisa Gel Toes or mini pedicure where all im after is to cleanse and deodorise the feet !

kx

Karren said:
Footbowl (gorgeous one as per the ones you often see in the nail mags !) for when im performing Brisa Gel Toes or mini pedicure where all im after is to cleanse and deodorise the feet !

kx

Good one Karren! As its a pain to get the footspa out for a mini pedi!:) It looks good but you have to do a thorough clean after the mini pedi!!!

ADiva1 said:
Hi Karen XX

I love using my foot spa because it
  • keeps the water warm
  • lovely and bubbly
  • massaging on the clients feet (not pregnant women)
  • looks more professional
  • ease of cleaning

I dont like bowls mainly because they
  • dont keep the water warm
  • dont masage the client's feet
  • manual bubbles, (swishing around) lol
They are however easier to manage if you are mobile.

A nice classy bowl wont go amiss I guess...

I am sorry i can't be more original but ditto all of the above lol x

exactly ! lol:hug:

ADiva1 said:
Good one Karren! As its a pain to get the footspa out for a mini pedi!:) It looks good but you have to do a thorough clean after the mini pedi!!!

I've got the best of both worlds = a footspa with disposable liners!

Footspas for me, although i think you can get some gorgeous bowls x

Sassy Hassy said:
Show off lol :lol:

Can you post the link again, I wish I'd just brought it when I saw it.

I have a foot spa but I want the Beverly Hills one Sass brought recently , I saw it at the show and its the bees knees:)

I use a silver coloured bowl at the moment for pedicures!! Saving up for a spa!! What do you think of the ones in Argos, spa's that is!?:confused:

Sassy Hassy said:

me too ... its wicked! :cool:

leah82 said:
I use a silver coloured bowl at the moment for pedicures!! Saving up for a spa!! What do you think of the ones in Argos, spa's that is!?:confused:

Thats where I got mine from - in the sale!

Danger Mouse said:
Show off lol :lol:

Can you post the link again, I wish I'd just brought it when I saw it.

I have a foot spa but I want the Beverly Hills one Sass brought recently , I saw it at the show and its the bees knees:)

heres a link to the recent thread... clicky here

I use a large stainless steele bowl with black massage rocks on the bottom. Everyone loves them. The rocks feel nice on your feet, plus they retain the heat so the water stays warm the entire time their feet are in them. On top of that, all you have to do is give them a quick wash with anti-bac soap and spay with a hospital grade disinfectant and it is ready for the next client.

At the moment I use a bowl designed to go with disposable liners....but am seriously looking into the Hollywood one with disposable liners....so much more hygienic ....and less work with cleaning and sanitising.

I have a large clear bowl its nice but i like the sound of the one sassy is talking about xx

At the moment I use a bowl which I have never been happy with.

I found all the foot spa's I've tried very noisy which put me right off them.

I've been looking for a nice wooden bowl for ages (like the one Glo posted) but haven't had any luck. You do get some nice glass bowls, but being mobile, it's not the best idea. Other than that, I've never seen any bowls that I thought were really nice.

I've been keeping my eye on the BHFB for a while now (hence the original thread) but have to justify spending £60 on it.

In an ideal world, yes a footspa probably is nicer than a bowl, but as the quality of the footspa's around aren't that good and if you are mobile lugging everything around, sometimes a bowl is better.

River

I've got both. I've got a really basic foot spa which is great, but I've also got a ceramic bowl that I bought in TK Max.

I'm using ugly blue plastic wash tubs atm. They are on my nerves b/c I want something pretty!! I'm hesitant about the spas because there are such differing views on whether or not the jets are disinfectable. Where do you all find the pretty foot baths? Also, what kind of chairs do you use for self and client if you don't use the big pedi chairs? I have an antique chair I've put extra foam on and covered with a slipcover. As far as my chair, I use a plain old office chair and the client has to prop their foot in my lap...which just isn't ideal. Ideas for a thrifty person?

Latest posts

Back