Forearm wax problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyballybee

Reaction score
I have a client who's started getting her forearms waxed. She's had it done about 4 times now and every time, a few days later they are coming in again, like she's shaved them. I guess the hairs must be breaking at the surface, but I always wax forearms the same way, have been waxing for 14 years and never had this problem. Tried a different wax and still no joy. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Try the hot wax!

If the hairs are quite short then the strip can break them cause theres not enough hair to grip onto.

Has she had other waxing before or is this her first area? Is she having problems in other areas?

If I was you I would recommend to try the hot wax and see if she still has the same problems. I find it impossible to break hairs with the hot wax!

The hairs weren't that short, thought strip wax would be ok, but I'll try hot wax next time, see how I get on. The hairs looked completely removed just after I waxed them too. Thanks

The hairs weren't that short, thought strip wax would be ok, but I'll try hot wax next time, see how I get on. The hairs looked completely removed just after I waxed them too. Thanks

I don't think they're breaking, and I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I think she just has exceptionally fast hair growth. For the majority of people, but not all, hair growth will thin out / slow down with regular waxing so I think you just need to persuade her to be patient. I have quite fast hair growth, stubble in under a week. That's life I guess.

Is is the strip of hair that grows from the wrist up to the elbow? Try doing this bit on it's own and gripping the forearm really tightly as you remove it. Just a thought. xx

Thanks Zo-zo, I guess she could have a really fast hair growth, but I didn't think it was that because the hairs growing in were really stubbly and it was just 3 days later.

Thanks too Kim, I know what you mean, but it was the whole of the forearm.

Still totally puzzled by it!

Latest posts

Back