Forgot my client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Having had weeks of being messed about by clients - with a few no shows, I am now guilty of exactly that!
I completely forgot I had a client booked in this morning, I have no idea what happened but somehow forgot to put her in the diary. So this morning when it looked like I may actually have some " me" time, I headed off to the gym to return to a message from a poor lady that had been waiting outside my house for me.
I feel so bad and if it had of me I'd be fuming.
I rang straight away left a message, said I could fit her in this eve and would give her a discount as an apology, to receive a reply that she's working and turn she's off on her hols early in the morning. Iv texted back to offer her another time but heard nothing so I guess there's not alot else I can do. I feel horrified though and it's so unlike me as I'm usually very organised.

Do you think iv done all I can? And please let me know if you have done this so I feel a little less aweful :(

Like I said Hun, we all make mistakes. When my iPad/iPhone calendars weren't syncing properly I managed to triple book myself! You've offered her a discount for her next set and she will know it's an honest mistake. She even said she may come after her holiday... So looks like you haven't lost her!!

Don't beat yourself up over it :hug:

Xxx

These things happen...Human error.
At least you got in touch, Nearly all of my no-shows never get back in touch.
At the end of the day it sounded like you needed the break, When im over worked my brain literally plays tricks on me.:hug:

Thanks for the replies guys xxx

Yes, i've done it and i felt horrible about it.

A couple of years ago i had a client ask me to book her in every 5 weeks for a pedicure. I had a new diary and must have either forgotten or not had time to put her in yet.

My Granny was very poorly and it was touch and go, so i was taking a week off last minute to go visit as she lived in another country. I rang and rearranged all my clients, except for this one who i forgot about.

The hairdresser told me what happened when i got back (she turned up and they had to tell her and turn her away). It was a couple of days after her appointment and i rang her immediately, apologised profusely and gave her 50% off her next treatment.

Unfortunately she asked me to remove any future appointments from my diary. Oh well, lesson learned.

I know it feels awful, but you have done all you can, i think. As Emily said, she said she'd be back, so don't beat yourself up about it, it won't make anything better. Just make sure that her next set is your top work and i'm sure she'll be pleased with the consolation offer of a discount xx

I think this happens to everyone at some point :) don't be too hard on yourself and at least you prob won't make this mistake again xxx

I got such a fright when I forgot about a client that I have to look at my diary 3 or 4 times at day now and put everyone down as soon as they say it lol but at least I've learned :)

I forgot a client when my mum was ill. I was so embarrassed as I got my days mixed up. Fast forward 13 months and my client is back and said she found someone else but wasn't happy and was glad to come back to me. Clients are human too so realise we all make mistakes. Wait until she's back and see what happens. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done it too! It was a client I go to mobile in the morning and I didn't even realise until that evening, thought it strange she hadn't messaged me, turns out she'd forgotten too!

We are human at the end of the day and unfortunately errors happen, you've offered alternative times with a discount. Give her time after her holiday, if you don't hear maybe send an offer to her as a reminder x

Oh poor love! There's nothing more you could've done. You're only human, don't beat yourself up.

I've done it, checked my diary, saw I was free and off I went to do food shopping! Got a call from my hubby to tell me client waiting at the door! I was mortified. Couldn't believe I could do something like this. I immediately abandoned the rest of my shop, phoned her, apologised profusely, offered her same day apt at timing of her choice (fortunately she lives nearby so was 1 hr later) and gave her a discount. Phew! She came over an hour later totally sympathetic to my mistake! Thank the heavens for small mercies, it could've been worse and to this day I've never done it again (touch wood!). Turns out I'd flicked over to the next month :/oops! X

Yep I've done it twice. i work from home. Once I wasn't at home at all and a new client turned up, i should have rung her and offered a discount, and once when I had just got home with bag fulls of shopping, and one of my faithful regulars caught me with my coat still on. It was funny, cos I was so shocked to see her, she just came in and said 'oh take your time, I will just sit and read the paper while you put your shopping away' my heart sank ! :)

Awe thanks everyone - I feel much better now. She seemed ok via the texts she sent me and il def offer her a great discount on her return xx

Ive done it twice! Both in the same week! Its a horrible feeling when you realise try not to beat yourself up.
You have done all you can though just keep apologising next time you see her x

Latest posts

Back