Formaldehyde free polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently had a lady that was allergic to formaldahyde. I know that creative is but the base coat isn't. I thought OPI would be the same..it's not. I applied the stickey base coat then creative polish followed by Essie top coat. I rang her to see if she had any problems and NO.
My question is if using a polish that is formaldahye free on top of a basecoat that isn't does it really matter? Do I need to purchase all formaldahyde free???? if so could you give me a few examples please.
Thank You

Sorry Dingbat but just to clarify - all CND Colours & Effects and ALL Treatments are now truly 3 free...

In answer to your question however, if the lady is allergic I would try to use all products whether it be base, top or colour - 3 free!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that you can get nail strengthener fro cuccio that is formaldehyde free not sure if they do other polishes though - check out their website for more info. L

I know that you can get nail strengthener fro cuccio that is formaldehyde free not sure if they do other polishes though - check out their website for more info. L

Most polishes are formaldehyde free these days ... but most still contain formaldehyde Resin ... in any case we are not talking about formaldehyde free but 3 free which means NO Formaldehyde or Formaldehyde RESIN NO Toluene and NO DBP (Dibutyl Phthalate) ... these are the 3 chemicals that consumer groups have been targeting to have removed from enamel colours.

Just to say a polish is formaldehyde free is really not the point and really is no great selling point if the polish or treatment contains the others.

Thanks for all you're replies. I will look into this a little further. I might go to Sweet Squared next week.
By the way the lady had no problems with polished nails.
She liked the colour and wants to buy one (cuppa joe) from cnd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all you're replies. I will look into this a little further. I might go to Sweet Squared next week.
By the way the lady had no problems with polished nails.
She liked the colour and wants to buy one (cuppa joe) from cnd.
Posted via Mobile Device

As you are in Leeds, I wouldn't miss it. You need to ring and book a time slot.

Latest posts

Back