Free Edge Nail Designs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookbj

Reaction score
Hi,

Was searching the internet for nail supplies etc (I'm newly qualified in acrylics) and came across these: Instant "French Manicure" Free Edge Nail Designs

Just wondered what people thought of them? Im having trouble with my white smile lines as I cant get that crisp curve you get from white tips and these come with art on them.

Just wondered:

Are they any good?
Do they last even when you cure a top coat over?
Are they easy to apply?

etc etc.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Was searching the internet for nail supplies etc (I'm newly qualified in acrylics) and came across these: Instant "French Manicure" Free Edge Nail Designs

Just wondered what people thought of them? Im having trouble with my white smile lines as I cant get that crisp curve you get from white tips and these come with art on them.

Just wondered:

Are they any good?
Do they last even when you cure a top coat over?
Are they easy to apply?

etc etc.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Never tried them myself but I would imagine it would be REALLY annoying if you had just 10 of a particular design and you messed one up leaving you short. It might also be just as hard applying these straight as doing a smile line!

This sort of thing usually wears quite well if you use a good quality top coat and get your client to re-apply top coat after a few days for added protection at the edges.

I'd say they are worth a go but ultimately no substitute for practising your smile lines. It does come in the end (get a good brush if you haven't already - that really helps and there are loads of threads on here with advice from the top experts).

Who did you train with? Maybe you could do a 1-2-1 with your trainer and concentrate just on the smile lines - it really helped me when I started out.

Best of luck with your new career! :hug:

Jan
x

[Have been doing nails for years, even though I'm a Newbie on here!]

I agree, I would ask for a 1 to 1 as these designs never really look as good as they say imo. Plus you will get there, you just need to practice and get advice from the people you trained with regarding any techniques to achieving a crisp smile with their products. hth

Thank you. I may just give them ago. I know they are no subsitute for doing my own smile lines and I have read loads on here about how to help with that, but seeing as they are cheap it may be worth a try.
Thanks again

there really is no substitute for great smile lines and if you keep practicing (that means doing a lot of imperfect ones;) ) you'll get better every time! it's also kind of essential when you're clients start to come back as there's really no way to backfill predesigned tips:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back