Free NVQ level 2 in Nail Services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewNailsbyJulie

Reaction score
I will be working mobile once I have done my NVQ level 2 in Nail Services (I will be starting when the assessor is ready in late November). I don't know if I am going to be supplied with anything during my training (it is for free through Train to Gain, T-Centrix, Odessey Nails) but I have already got all the supplies I need from www.simplynails.com which happens to have their warehouse based a few miles from where I live, so very handy for popping in.

Does anyone else buy from that site?

Has anyone else done this particular course whether free or not, and what is the difference between this and the NVQ level 2 Nail Technician or is it just the 'latest' name for it?

Thank yooooooo :)

How did you manage to get the course free???

The course is government funded so we dont really like saying it's 'free' as not everyone will be eligible . You will cover manicure, pedi, nail enhancements and nail art so thats why it's called 'nail services'. You can use any safe recognised nail products so if you are already a tech and using CND, EZflow etc you don't need to buy a new kit unless you are a complete beginner. You will be assessed by a recognised A1 assessor.

Note to mods, I understand if you move this post but please know we are not trying to 'convert' anyone:hug:

How do you find out if you are eligable for the government funding?

I will pm you as I dont want to offend the mods!!:wink2:

Anyone else interested can pm me for details:hug:

nvq level 2...generically nails hair beauty etc are usually free if you havent done a level 2 before.....you can find out how from colleges and comapnies.

Hiya good luck with ur level 2 :) How do you find out about these free level 2 courses do you just ring your local college up ?? :)

Xxx

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any free training in the Nottingham area? Short courses preferably?
I am always open for new training as is my staff :hug:

I have done the training with odssysey and t-centrix

any questions, please ask me, I am worcester based.

Stacey

Any info on courses in the yorkshire area? Is it just nail services thats covered or other aspects?

:)

hiya, if you ring t-centrix they will give you all the details the nvq covers manicures pedicures and nail enhancements

hope this helps any probs give me a message back

Stacey:lol:

hi guys im yorkshire area and i will be covering nottingham pm me for more info.
gem xx

I am starting my free nvq on Monday with T-Centrix. I can't wait. They have been really helpful. I already am a qualified nail tech and have been fro the last few years but my qualifications are with private companies and I wanted to get a standard qualification.

The course is not product based so you can either take your own products in or if you like, you can use theirs as they are suppliers of Odyssey nail systems.

I should have started the NVQ a few weeks ago, but unfortunatly the Yorkshire rep was sacked after charging people for extra weekend courses, apparently, so I have been put back a little bit.

If anyone is interested in doing the course, the T-Centrix office in Rotherham's number is 01709 882071. I spoke to a lady called Lynn and she was lovely. A new course starts on Mondaya nd when I spoke to her today she said there was only me and another lady on it, so you never know, you may be able to start straight away. The course is 10 weeks and then you are assessed at the end of that. The catch is that you have to already be in the industry, either employed or self employed.

HTH's

xx

Hi could you please pm me the details too????? ;-) Thankyou. xx

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease pleeeeeeeeeeease can someone advise me privately if they know of this or anything similar in my area?!

STAFFORDSHIRE!

Many thanks!!!

Please someone say yes! :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back