French manicure advice ASAP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicNails

Reaction score
Hi I have a client later today and she comes to me often and recommends me too, she is lovely. She is going on holiday to Dominican and wants me to do a french manicure look on hands but I'm concerned it might fade due to the heat, chlorine and cream.
So should I say this, and try to persuade her for a block colour? Iv not done many French's but iv heard a lot of issues with fading and disscoloring in pink and whites?
I use Gellux btw.

Don't want to do it and it fade and she be gutted as she's a good client. But she always says to me, next time I want french lol! But also don't want her to think products rubbish if I say it may fade...argggghh!! Help!

What do you think, do you guys do a lot of french for hols? X

I've never had a problem with French fading but I use Gelish. I would do her French as that us what she wants as advise on possibility of slight colour change with sun creams and chlorine etc. due to chemical reaction.

I know you asked this question 3 hours ago so you've probably done the nails by now but I've personally never had a problem with French fading. I use Shellac and have used Gelish in the past.. The only thing I've ever had is yellowing from smokers but never had a white or sheer pink fade, not sure what White would fade in to if I'm honest x

Felicity xx

I use gellux and haven't heard of the white fading. X

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks geeks, she saw one of my pics and changed her mind in the end to a diff design. She had Gellux Rosie Ana and Purely White! So same colours I would of used, but just in a different way. Stamped them gold too. Think they were my favourite iv done so far, and stupid tablet pic looks rubbish, flash wouldn't work! Ugh....

Attachments

• 20140731_210730.jpg
    20140731_210730.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 234
Thanks geeks, she saw one of my pics and changed her mind in the end to a diff design. She had Gellux Rosie Ana and Purely White! So same colours I would of used, but just in a different way. Stamped them gold too. Think they were my favourite iv done so far, and stupid tablet pic looks rubbish, flash wouldn't work! Ugh....

Well they look lovely... I'm sure she's happy with them- I would be. :)

They look lovely!
Did you put the Rosie Anna over the white? If so how many layers?x

Nails look great ❤️! I have never found gellux French to fade, in fact I recommend French for my clients going to hot places as I actually find a lot of the colours do fade. I use pink whispers for my French. I did these for a lady going away so if I remember I'll take a pic when she gets back! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406845238.194265.jpg

Latest posts

Back