From black to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sashworth1207

Reaction score
His guys I'm a beauty therapist on here but just asking for some advise on what the hairdresser will do.
I'm naturally a mousy blonde and dyed my hair reddy black a while a go and kept it up but my hair started to snap and fall out so have stopped for about 8 weeks now the red pigment has gone and the black is left and really wanna get back to natural and just wanted to know what the hair dressers would do xxxx

Best advise is go to a salon and explain what you've done, every colour and what brand used and what you want to aim for.

take an old pic of yourself if you have one with the colour of your hair you want to go back too! :) oh get conditioning treatments and a good shampoo and conditioner,

If its very light you want to reach, make sure to use deep conditioners and masks and pop to the salon you want to use to go light again xoxo

Thanks guys but I just want to know what to expect and how long it will take to get to a colour rather than khaki xxx

With it being black, the only thing they could do is stripper or bleach (both would really damage your hair going from black) they may give you foils and a toner but it won't look like a all over block colour and may be yellowish. How long it takes depends on how quick the stylist is at doing whichever service.
But the best thing to do is grow and cut, grow and cut until its all gone. Sorry to put a downer on it, but black is a b***h to get out nicely. But go to a salon for a consultation, as your idea of mousey may be completely different from ours and without knowing the exact colour you want to achieve (numbers) we can't advise you much other than keep it in good health and grow it out xoxo

With it being black, the only thing they could do is stripper or bleach (both would really damage your hair going from black) they may give you foils and a toner but it won't look like a all over block colour and may be yellowish. How long it takes depends on how quick the stylist is at doing whichever service.
But the best thing to do is grow and cut, grow and cut until its all gone. Sorry to put a downer on it, but black is a b***h to get out nicely. But go to a salon for a consultation, as your idea of mousey may be completely different from ours and without knowing the exact colour you want to achieve (numbers) we can't advise you much other than keep it in good health and grow it out xoxo

find an affinage or blondi rae salon, they'll be a lot kinda to your hair when they strip it...may still need a mild bleach bath to begin with but it'll be less damaging than only bleach bathing :)

Im a blonde - naturally ashy and have it lightened have done for 7/8 yrs. I had my hair dyed choco brown really dark last winter (2010) and hated it, i had highlights every 6 wks and by march it was a light brown and by july it was blonde again as light as it was before.

I was told i could have it done quicker but would have to have my hair cut quite short as it would ruin my already damaged hair. It was worth the wait to be honest....

I wont go dark again though or let my hairdresser talk me in to it ;-) learned my lesson ;-)

Im not a pro just another blonde telling you my experience xx

Latest posts

Back