Full Enhancements in 35 minutes!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie23

Reaction score
I spoke a friend of mine earlier today who as a birthday treat had a new full set of blended enhancements, her sister made the appointment for them to go together. Anyway, I asked if she was happy and she told be that the technician completed the full set in 35 minutes. I asked her a few questions but I didn’t ask too much because I didn’t want to come across as over critical or judgemental. Made all the more difficult as the technician trained at same time/place as me, we qualified this summer. Also I didn’t want to put my friend in an awkward position as she is a good friend and has been a model for me many times, thing is her nails are fragile (ex-nailbiter) and I’m a bit worried, I have told her to get in touch if she want to.

My question is can you really do a full set of enhancements in 35 minutes? Blended ones too for that matter. What is the average appointment time? because I was led to believe its about 1 hour 30 mins. What do you guys think? How would you have handled the situation?

Thanks for your advice :)

Anne xx

She was probably using Popits. If you arent sure what these are, try doing a search on Popits on the site. There is lots of information on here.

But are they any good....? how long will they last....? was a good prep done...? i can do lots of things in 35 mins...but couldn't say i did them well in that time.

I would guess pop-its or she did everything w/ and e-file. still 35 min, that is really fast.
Haste makes waste in my book;)

You are good friend for offering help, but not being pushy/judgy!:)

She didn't use popits, my friend said she just rushed everything!! Like I said I didnt want to ask too much, I'm new to nails myself and didnt want to appear unprofessional or appear to have a "I told you so" attitude, if you know what I mean. I looked at the nails and told her what I thought, diplomatically, I also asked her about aftercare, she just looked blank. So I gave her some advice. When she's been a model for me its been for manicures only. I spent ages getting her nails looking good and bought her some special treatment to get her nails stronger, as a thank you for being a model. Thats why I'm worried, i'm worried about her nails condition.

anne xx

She didn't use popits, my friend said she just rushed everything!! Like I said I didnt want to ask too much, I'm new to nails myself and didnt want to appear unprofessional or appear to have a "I told you so" attitude, if you know what I mean. I looked at the nails and told her what I thought, diplomatically, I also asked her about aftercare, she just looked blank. So I gave her some advice. When she's been a model for me its been for manicures only. I spent ages getting her nails looking good and bought her some special treatment to get her nails stronger, as a thank you for being a model. Thats why I'm worried, i'm worried about her nails condition.

anne xx

If they were done by hand in that time, then SOMETHING was sacrificed in the process. Either prep, sanitation, quality of work etc, or maybe they were not pink and white, but a one colour overlay done with one bead .. who knows. Have you seen them??? Maybe one look will give you a clue, Annie. :lol:

That is why PopIts are so cool, because you can do everything right and beautifully and still have them done in 35 minutes!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I just felt like I had to post this to find out what you would have done in this situation :)

I'd Just like to say my previous boss has been in the Nail industry for 22years!

She can do a full set of IBD Gel Nail Extensions in roughly 35minutes, maybe 30 minutes occasionally.

When I used to work for her, she had a huge client base for ladies that loved her work! :eek:

Well......... I have no idea why!

I have had a set of nails done on a few occasions by her, and she was rushing so much that my nail beds were burning as she was filing and buffing away so vigorously!!

I used to dread it when she asked me to get her a new file as it was so sharp and un worn that sometimes, she used to make my cuticles bleed!!

Makes me go all cold thinking about it now!!!

How on earth she kept her clients returning to her, ill never know!!!

what I would have done in this situation is ........ to have a look at them.
THere are some super fast techs arounds, although 35 mins is still pretty quick ... even for Popits.

It's kinda like 45 second topcoat (it's never dry in 45 secs), but advertising is advertising!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back