Funny things parents & grandparents do/say

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah1992

Reaction score
I always think it's so entertaining hearing about what peoples grandparents & parents do or say these days, or their ways about things or sayings! I would love to see others!

My nan "she got a lovely dress in that shop, treasure island! (River Island)

Or when my gran used my grandads brand new ipad 2 to smack all the flies & wasps away in the summer, slamming it off the windows & walls!

My nana told me the other week, "Oh Sheila next door has just become a great grandmother. When are you going to make me one, I don't like being left out"

I'm not even the oldest grandchild! I don't know why she's picking on me!

An elderly lady I know asked me to get her some of that clittit bang stuff from the supermarket , and didn't have the heart to correct her and say its cillit !

When they say they've been humping boxes! Gets me every time!

With my Nan it's always "you will never guess who I have seen today...."

Well I'm not even going to try then Nan!

When my mom speaks English to me, she refers to herself in third person. Even in her texts!
"mommy be home late ok? Mommy love you!" Makes me giggle everytime.

I love how old people- (and now me) say "of an evening" or "of a night time"
I also like "never seen the likes of it" which my Irish friends ban used to say!

My nan said to my boyfriend the other day 'Do you want a lemon turd?' She meant to say lemon curd tart oh dear haha :')

My gran had me in fits of laughter with her first mobile phone!
She rang me off the landline and said she had been charging it for ages but there was still no credit on it!
Bless her she thought plugging it in was charging it with credit and the price would be on her electric bill!
Love old people!
My dad came downstairs after changing from vinyl to CDs to complain that his cd was clearly faulty as the "B" side didn't play. We explained there isn't one so he decided they are a rip off!

My MIL was really chuffed with herself when she announced she had bought a cheap tablet on a shopping channel and asked me to give her lessons on how to use it for the Internet. Oh boy.

I informed her she paid a fortune for what literally is a digital clock, diary and calculator. Why? You may ask......she doesn't even have broadband or wifi!

when my mother got anything she'd always say "

look at this , isn't it lovely...well it's better than the belt of a stick anyway"

I've a funny one here! A good few years ago when my children had play station, Mum went into a shop to get them a game and said to the Assistant "what's a popular playboy game":eek:. She also one Christmas gave my daughter this beautiful little box containing a silk heart (my little girl was about 7 at the time). When she opened it and took it out, it was a G-String :eek: She's a hilarious, amazing woman, my mum :lol:

Old lady I know, her fuchsia that was in a pot on her balcony got blown away with the strong winds. She tells everyone her future has gone !

Nanna: do you want a ham :
sandwich?
Me: no thanks im a vegetarian remember
Nanna: but it's wafer thin!

Just thought of another one. There's nothing really funny about my dad. He's so irritable and impatient but a few years ago there was someone in the public eye, can't remember who, but he had a sex addiction and my dad said "huh, he's no good, he's a sex mechanic" meaning maniac:lol: Mmm, beginning to wonder about my parents ;)

Towards the end of my gran's life she really suffered with pain
And asked us to get something that would help
"Iv heard cocaine is really good"
No gran you mean cannabis
"Yea that's the one you can smoke it or bake with it"

My gran was a very very religious lady never smoked a cigarette in her life so we couldn't believe what she was asking for.

Towards the end of my gran's life she really suffered with pain
And asked us to get something that would help
"Iv heard cocaine is really good"
No gran you mean cannabis
"Yea that's the one you can smoke it or bake with it"

My gran was a very very religious lady never smoked a cigarette in her life so we couldn't believe what she was asking for.

Aw xx

In hospital (aged 87) she had a proper crush on a young dr too she used to get all giddy like a teenager when he was doing the rounds and say silly things without thinking..

Oh she had a wicked sense of humour miss her loads

My mum who's only 62 said after I had enquired how her wedding anniversary morning was.. "yeah your dad cooked me a special breakfast then we had a f@cks bizz, it was great".

Thankfully she just meant a glass of Bucks Fizz!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha brilliant, love things they come out with!

My mam is a coeliac so cant eat anything with gluten or wheat but my nan thought this was a makey up thing so it always went:
Nan: "will you have a digestive ?"
Mam: no thanks I still cant eat wheat
Nan(looking genuinely shocked everytime):...well....I know!....rich tea it is so!"

My bfs mam thought LOL meant lots of love & text her friend "So sorry to hear about your mothers passing..LOL x"

My nan describing apples :"it was hard as the hobs of hell" such a legend!

Latest posts

Back