'The Things They Say...' to Change Name!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
After much umming and aaahing at Salon Geek HQ, we've decided to change the name of this Friday feature. We are being sent so much lovely stuff that isn't just about the things that clients say. Because of this we wanted a title that allowed for us to make you smile in a multitude of different ways.

So...let me introduce you to: 'Thank Geek It's Friday!"

Of course, we still want to hear the cringers and the crackers that your clients blurt out (they're always worth a giggle!) but we also want to hear about any heart warming stories, funny pictures, amusing videos and anything else that are to do with the wider world of our crazy, fabulous industry. Basically, anything that makes you smile goes...so share the love and get PM'ing me - The Ed.

And that's not all...we finally have geek treats to give you in return for your generosity. The winning entry each week will receive a set of limited edition, vintage (!), geek-flavoured goodies (see picture).

Now, don't say we never give you anything!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Geek Treats 001.jpg
    Geek Treats 001.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 774
Aww I need these lol :)

Me want goodies! :D

My well worn mouse pad is even more vintage than that one!! Mine has "I'm with Stupid" on it!! :eek:

i want the mug!

I had a client in late today. You know that feeling? Ummm, it's Friday; looking forward to being home......It was a new client; she'd booked because she'd had a gift voucher bought by a friend, who is a client of mine.
I made an assumption that this would be a one-off, but I was determined to give her a lovely experience ( relaxing facial).

She told me she was a foster carer, taking infants under 3 years. She presently has a 6 month old baby placed with her.

I took pride in, and engaged in, her treatment.

At the end of it she was so generous in her praise.
Then she filled up and said "I'm sorry... but I feel quite emotional. You've made me feel so cared-for" I passed her the tissues and surreptiously took one myself.

It was great that she then said she was going to make it a regular part of her life, and re-booked.
It's great that I've had something to contribute to this thread.

It's the best, though, that I made her feel like that. All power to people like her who are the true carers. Not people like me, but people like her.

Sorry if this sounds a bit cheesey but it's certainly made my week.

I had a client in late today. You know that feeling? Ummm, it's Friday; looking forward to being home......It was a new client; she'd booked because she'd had a gift voucher bought by a friend, who is a client of mine.
I made an assumption that this would be a one-off, but I was determined to give her a lovely experience ( relaxing facial).

She told me she was a foster carer, taking infants under 3 years. She presently has a 6 month old baby placed with her.

Then she filled up and said "I'm sorry... but I feel quite emotional. You've made me feel so cared-for" I passed her the tissues and surreptiously took one myself.

It was great that she then said she was going to make it a regular part of her life, and re-booked.

It's the best, though, that I made her feel like that. All power to people like her who are the true carers. Not people like me, but people like her.

Aww that's lovely...

But you ARE so lovely.

You do have such a warmth Hun.

I love you!

H x

aww you such a sweetie dpoppy. x

Cor, thanks dear friends.
Now I'm filling up again xxx

It's cos you are my mum you know - that is cos you are so fab too ;) xxx

I think that making someone feel like that is the very best part of our job!

Latest posts

Back