Fur Babies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is our new boy Hugo hopefully lol
He is one of 10 fur babies lol and he is 10 weeks old,came home thursday just gone and is still
currently seperated from the others until he's ready to join the large family!! Been to the vets today with him as he has a upper respiratory infection,but is now on meds and having a good sleep,he's a seal point siamese,and an absolute adorable little baby,we have a 14 yr old maine coon alice,chocolate point brother and sister,Lucy and Wicket,Ozzy is a british short hair,Woodlouse a Lilac point siamese,Louie is a havana,then Ziggy a black shadow serengetti,then Jess and Dylan,Jess is a naught tortie and dylan is a large ginger garfield lol and Hugo,we're slowly getting him used to his surroundings lol

Oh i envy you, i would love to have more fur babies if i had the room and the funds. Especially envy the serengetti. I have a savannah.

Our cat simba passed away last night....I was very sad only feeding one cat this morning, rip sim!! : (

Aw I'm so sorry for your loss Freya, R.I.P Simba, run free at rainbow bridge.

I found that cats ethier don't miss thier play mates at all or they pine badly for them. All you can do is keep a close eye on him and give him lots of love and reassurance. Getting a kitten has helped me once when one of my cats lost his best mate. Sweep would not eat for a week after we lost Jake and we ended up getting Paws to ease Sweeps grieving but this was as a last resort, as it could have gone the other way. You will know what needs to be done for you little guy deep down.

Likewise, I ended up getting Lily after Holly died of meningitis as Floyd was getting really ill where he was pinning for her. Which surprised me as he had been the only dog for 10 yrs and we had only had Holly for 12 weeks before she died. When Floyd died last year, Lily, Angel and Harley where all out of sorts for weeks and Lily was the one who was the worst but I think having eachother helped the grieving process.

Sam xxx

And Lunarstorm, loving the Staffie's too! :)

Thanks, if you hadn't guessed, I love the breed dearly, just a shame some idoiats get hold of them and the breed ends up with a bad rep. STB's are the most loving, caring and loyal dog you could ever wish for. I wish something could be done to limit breeding and irreponsible owners :rolleyes:

Sam-thank you for comment! Theo has been eating but he has just been laying on the bed not moving or doing much today. I don't think we'd get another cat as it's heartbreaking and I wouldn't want to upset Theo so we will take it as it comes and keep an eye on him!

Sorry for your losses, it's so sad xxx

Oh I love this thread, thanks guys. These cutes photos bring a smile on my face on this gray morning!

aw I'm so sorry to hear about Simba, when we lost our gorgeous blue persian x BSH last year his brother became really clingy. Lots of fuss, and if you don't already weigh Theo regularly, start doing so. Weight loss can be quite dramatic quite quickly in pining cats. We had to put Jensen on anti-depressants (a synthetic milk protein called Zylkene which is available on prescription from the vets or much much cheaper on the www). He's much better now and almost back up to his show weight of 6.5kilos!

White - Jensen
Blue - Portia - on the Rainbow Bridge with Simba and others!
Tabby - Tyler
Black & white - Ollie

Attachments

• j on bed.jpg
    j on bed.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 124
  • p on deck.jpg
    p on deck.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 98
  • ollie with lunch.jpg
    ollie with lunch.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 120
  • t and j.jpg
    t and j.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 107
aw I'm so sorry to hear about Simba, when we lost our gorgeous blue persian x BSH last year his brother became really clingy. Lots of fuss, and if you don't already weigh Theo regularly, start doing so. Weight loss can be quite dramatic quite quickly in pining cats. We had to put Jensen on anti-depressants (a synthetic milk protein called Zylkene which is available on prescription from the vets or much much cheaper on the www). He's much better now and almost back up to his show weight of 6.5kilos!

White - Jensen
Blue - Portia - on the Rainbow Bridge with Simba and others!
Tabby - Tyler
Black & white - Ollie

Thank you for advice. I am worried about Theo he went into our friends house this morning (I think to get comfort from their cats) one cat just spat at him and Theo ran out : (( poor little guy he lost his best friend. Thanks you again for advice xx your cats are beautiful xxx

Thanks, I adore my boys. Ollie is a bit of an odd one, we rescued him from an awful place when he was 5 weeks old and he was on the verge of death as he was riddled with fleas who were quite literally sucking all his blood away. I bathed him and picked the fleas and biting lice off with tweezers, cuddled him until he was dry, then covered him in diorelle talc and a half dose of adult cat flea treatment which strictly speaking he was too young for but it was the only option or he'd have to be put to sleep. He spent his first night sleeping on my head over my ear and that was a slippery slope. 4 years later he sees me as his mother and has to sleep next to my pillow with his paws on my shoulder or his face nuzzled into my neck!!

is it an option to try and keep Theo shut in at home with you for a couple of days? He might be off looking for Simba and if other cats start getting territorial with him it may make him a bit worse....it's hard to consider at the moment but another cat may be a good idea so he has company.

Hope little Freya is OK?

Thanks, I adore my boys. Ollie is a bit of an odd one, we rescued him from an awful place when he was 5 weeks old and he was on the verge of death as he was riddled with fleas who were quite literally sucking all his blood away. I bathed him and picked the fleas and biting lice off with tweezers, cuddled him until he was dry, then covered him in diorelle talc and a half dose of adult cat flea treatment which strictly speaking he was too young for but it was the only option or he'd have to be put to sleep. He spent his first night sleeping on my head over my ear and that was a slippery slope. 4 years later he sees me as his mother and has to sleep next to my pillow with his paws on my shoulder or his face nuzzled into my neck!!

is it an option to try and keep Theo shut in at home with you for a couple of days? He might be off looking for Simba and if other cats start getting territorial with him it may make him a bit worse....it's hard to consider at the moment but another cat may be a good idea so he has company.

Hope little Freya is OK?

I did hear that sometimes getting another fur baby will help get over a loss (for both your pet and yourself).

I had two darlings but they didnt get along at all. Maybe, it was because they were mother and daughter :-( the day i had to give one away i was in bits. How do you choose which one to let go off? Luckily, i gave one to my father (mother as she was friendly to everyone and i kept the baby as she still thinks that i am her mother - when im at home she is staying around me and does not leave my side) so i get to see her at least once a week.

I just so wish they got along, when i think about it, it still brings me to tears :-(

I hope everything gets better with your darling, freya and you and your sweetheart feel better soon :-(

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

My contemporary Burmese, Truffle:

t4.jpg

Little baby Izzy:

i5.jpg

both.jpg

I have two beautiful fur babies - I'm off to work out how to upload a picture as words don't do my darlings justice - you just have to see them.
(Long haired Chihuahua girly & Jackahuahua little man by the way!)

squeaky geeky! ;)

don't know if this has worked but this is my beautiful staffy Bernard 'Bernie' I get told off by my other half for treating him too much like a baby apparently I turned him to a wimp. But I love him and told my oh never to ask me to choose between them cause my pup will win everytime. He's not meant to sleep in the bed but every morning when rich goes to work Bernie gets in with me for a morning snuggle. Wouldn't be without him x

Attachments

• bern.jpg
    bern.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 100
I now only have 3 fur babies as one of my beloved moggies passed away this week

Rocky is my best boy, he is 6 years old and black and white.

Holly is the youngest of the girls and she is my little shadow. She is 8 years old and is a ginger and black tabby.

Tabitha is the senior citizen of the 3, she is very vocal and loving and even chats to me when i'm on the loo lol. She is 12 years old and is also a tabby, but she has white paws and a white bib.

Furby (r.i.p) was the worlds naughtiest cat, always up to no good, but she was so loving and so cute, it was impossible to stay cross with her. She was Tabitha's sister and she was completely black. Sadly she passed away suddenly this week. I miss her very much.

Can't seem to be able to upload pictures for some reason. Shame as they are all so lovely.

Nat x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Little Lucky who passed away at the ripe old age of 17. He was a persian cross :) gorgeous little boy. Miss him so much :(

Romeo (grey/blue) and Juliet (green) my 2 little lovebirds, noisy but cute :D x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1316619793.563090.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1316619793.563090.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 104
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1316619840.523544.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1316619840.523544.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 96
Thanks, if you hadn't guessed, I love the breed dearly, just a shame some idoiats get hold of them and the breed ends up with a bad rep. STB's are the most loving, caring and loyal dog you could ever wish for. I wish something could be done to limit breeding and irreponsible owners :rolleyes:

I must say I did have my own pre-conceived ideas about Staffies, but as soon as I met one, they were the daftest, soppiest, sweetest dog's I've ever known.
It is such a shame they have such a bad reputation, as they're wonderful dogs. If I ever got a dog, I'd definitely have one. :)

Your grey'ey coloured one, looks just like my friends. Beautiful.

To the lady who's cat just passed away, I hope you're other cat is doing ok....

god knows if this has worked! If it has, meet the family

Attachments

• dawnandallanpics 069.jpg
    dawnandallanpics 069.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 132
  • dawnandallanpics 100.jpg
    dawnandallanpics 100.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 134
  • dawnandallanpics 198.jpg
    dawnandallanpics 198.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 139
  • dawnandallanpics 078.jpg