G Mex Nail Comp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellehayley

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems? I am entering Tip and Overlay and then pedicure sunday afternoon. I have got my letter through to confirm and it says you cant use the same model morning and afternoon but you can for manicure and pedicures. Anyway today I phoned to double check and I cant use the same model. And they wont refund me for the pedicure competition. I got told rules are rules! She is phoning me back tomorrow. It does not state on any entry forms that you cannot use the same model. I am mad, i mean Im not a mind reader!! I understand you cant use the same model for nails because of soaking off time. I even suggested my model is judged 1st so she is ready for pedicure, but they said no.

I am just so upset I have been preparing for this comp for 4 months by doing regular pedicures, and keeping nails off my client and doing manicures. I darent tell my model as Ive told her not to wear sandles for 6 weeks incase she breaks a toe nail. She has also been carrying out aftercare.

Im travelling up for this and got a hotel booked, I cant bring another model with me because the hotel wont allow 3 in a room.

What am I going to do? I will never find another model now! xx

Don't despair just yet,
you will be surprised how many geeks will be at the show that will volunteer to help you out and be a model for the pedicure or tip and overlay which ever you decide you need the extra model for,
honestly hun the girls have hearts of gold on here and someone will jump in to help you out soon enough, you just watch this space,
i would have helped but i am competing myself all day Sunday :hug:

I will be your model if you want I am going to be there anyway. xxx I have just pmd you.

aww hun dont stress i agree that the rules were clearly not stated correctly so fingers crossed they can sort it for you if not ill be there sunday pm me i can help xxx

Thanks everyone for your help. I will be in touch tomorrow, once professional beauty have phoned me back.

I am dissapointed to read this thread as it makes me sound really bad! Most of the geeks know me well and i bend over backwards to help competitiors out.

The comp structure is up on the PB web with the rules. The morning categories finish at 1.00. Afternoon registrations and desk set up is also at 1.00, with the actual start at 1.30. I would have thought it was obvious that you could not use the same model as you must allow time for your model to be judged. As you have entered a competition before, you would be aware of the judging process.
The judging process time varies dependig on how many entrants, when judges are available and if there are any set backs on the day. I wasnt being difficult, i just didnt want to promise something i am not sure i could uphold by getting your model in early.

The other answer is to use the model once she has been judged but you may miss a while of your pedicure time. I can arrange this for you if that is any help.

OK, my mistake, obviously didnt make it clear enough. I am waiting on head office for an answer regarding your refund. Lets hope you can find another model and it is not needed.

Sorry Chocolate, I don't mean to make you sound bad. Its just a misunderstanding thats all. It doesn't help that Im not experienced in these nail comps.

i was just worried and upset thats all when I wrote the thread, I was seeking advice from all the other Geeks.

I have pm you so will look forward to your reply.

Thank You for replying to me. xx

Have pm'd you back.

L and p going first, your model going first, and fingers crossed you wont miss much pedicure!
So glad we got it sorted, see you Sunday and good luck!
R x

Latest posts

Back