G5 Massage Machine - a few questions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a G5 massage machine but would like to find out a little bit more from more experienced geeks who have used this. I know that training for this is part of NVQ3 but was wondering whether

I could have just product training from the supplier and away I go

Is it a popular treatment or would it (in your opinion) be a complete waste of money?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

As far as i am aware, a massage qualification is a pre requisite for the G5 , and is used in conjuction with massage the majority of the time. i am not aware of any equipment company that offer training in this, and as there are no 'product' ranges that go with it (just talc) i couldnt see you finding anyone. They are usually sold through wholesalers, who assume yuo are trained to use it.
It could be popular if marketed properly, its quite old school now, and there are other great treatments on the market that are great for fatty deposits and cellulite. it is a good treatment thou (although some what uncomfortable).
Hths x

Thanks for that, what other products on the market would you say were better and what are they?

I'm notsaying they are necessarily better, but def more popular etc. These are ionithermie (phytomer), endermologie, other galvanic body treatment etc.I think they are all level 3 pre requisites thou, as they are body treatments.

That was what attracted me to the G5 as it wasn't an electrical as such.

I found the G5 heavy to use and actually prefer manual massage which is strangely less effort. I only did maybe 6 treatments a year in the salon I used to work in! It is for hard fat and deep tension in muscles but does not work on cellulite. Some people like it, I don't. x

Thanks to you Weezie and EB, will give that one a miss then eh?!

As I am due to start on my holistic/spa therapies course in September are there any MUST HAVE pieces of equipment/products you would say I should look into?

I have to say I love the G5 machine,I thinks it's not as popular in a lot of salons because it's not marketed correctly,clients dont know what a G5 machine is or the benefits.Maybe a half price treatment would be good for the virgin client,also marketing towards clients that want a specificly deep massage,I wouldnt recommend it to someone who wanted a mamby pamby massage though.

I especially love it for deep work on nodules,it is combined with hands on massage so the client having a lot of tension problems will really benefit from this and they get the best of both worlds.

The G5 is called so because it has 5 different attachments that can be used for different areas of the body.

Without a massage qualification it should not be used and I think that you wont be able to get insurance unless you have your level 3 qualificaton because you would not be qualified to use this piece of electrical equipment.

To get an idea of what it's like I would go and have a treatment in a salon that uses a G5 machine,you'll either love it or hate it,but I love it,especially around my trapezius.HTH.

I only ever incorporated the machine into my manual massage for those that wanted a very strong massage.
It was very rarely used as a fat or cellulite treatment mainly because it does not give results that quick.It is a very expensive piece of equipment,heavy and i felt not particularly nice to use.Ive certainly never felt the need or want to have one.
You would need to be qualified in massage to use one it is very powerful and if you were to massage on the spine or sciatic nerve too hard or other delicate areas you could do some harm.

I loved G5 at college.

The G stangs for gyratory and 5 as already said is the attachments.

We were told to use the falic symbol ( y'know which one I mean ) attachment gently across the up, across and down the stomach (to stimulate the intestine)- to help aid digestion but the pressure had to be VERY minimal.

It can be uncomfortable on 'hard fat' areas.

Brilliant as part of a cellulite program.

Hi, A therapist I know, uses the G5, and her clients LOVE IT. She works from home, and works full time.

bye

Hey :)

I have just finnished my beauty therapy level 3 and i hated doing the G5. None of my clients asked for it and i even hated recieving it!
Manual massage is so much nicer to give and recieve in my opinion and if you wanted to use something to use for deeper massage then what about ultra sonic which is a very pleasurable treatment and is great for use around the neck and shoulders and other problem areas.

Hi

Just spotted this , I am the export manager for the G5 , we are based in France . Please note that as well as training asz part of the NVQ level3 there are distributors that offer training too in the UK !
The G5 is still very popular and effective and very affordable as compared to some newer modalities on sale .
One of your replies said I think it may cause bruising ,, the G5 will only caude brusing if used wrongly !
Any questions , please contact me , allan at G5 France ++33 553 93 04 25
or [email protected]

I am interested in getting a G5 massage machine but would like to find out a little bit more from more experienced geeks who have used this. I know that training for this is part of NVQ3 but was wondering whether

I could have just product training from the supplier and away I go

Is it a popular treatment or would it (in your opinion) be a complete waste of money?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Latest posts

Back