Gay marriage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not PC either and never will be.

I have the right to say what I like. If it causes offence then the right to free speech is useless.

Surrey Girl through and through x

I am not offended. Just thinking pride comes before a fall

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would be proud of my child if they chose to stand up, against all the narrow minded haters who believe "things should be this way because of it is what society rules" and declare "I am different, I love people for their values, for their beliefs and personality NOT because they are anatomically opposite to me"

If you are uncomfortable seeing a same sex couple holding hands walking down the street then I am sorry but that is your problem and regardless of having a gay uncle or a lesbian best friend you are Homophobic.
I have loved men and women alike and I am bloody proud.
"I'm gay, i'm straight, i'm..who gives a rats ass who I bump uglys with? I am me!"

Homophobic! What because the sight of two men or women kissing disgusts me?! Get a grip.

I am catholic. I believe love is love.

Homophobic! What because the sight of two men or women kissing disgusts me?! Get a grip.

That is the definition of Homophobic yes.

That is the definition of Homophobic yes.

It's a bit extreme. Well it does turn my stomach.

Can't help it. I am what I am.

A child needs a mother and a father. Not two of the same. Think of the ridicule from other children.

I don't think that is a valid point these days.

40 years ago I was the only child in my class whose parents were getting divorced, I was ridiculed and made to feel a lesser person. These days you are the odd one out if your parents are still together never mind married!
Things move on, and these days having same sex parents isn't really that big a deal.

I think a lot of posters here have hit the nail on the head...Respect!
We need to respect other people's life choices and preferences, not continue to extoll old fashioned values.

I don't see it as 'gay marriage' it's just Marriage! Whether that be two men/woman or a man and woman!
One of my clients asked me to do her make up and beauty treatments for her wedding and also her partners! I don't see them as 'gay' they are two of my lovely clients who I am soo happy to see together and can't wait to pamper them on there big day!!

I don't see it as 'gay marriage' it's just Marriage! Whether that be two men/woman or a man and woman!
One of my clients asked me to do her make up and beauty treatments for her wedding and also her partners! I don't see them as 'gay' they are two of my lovely clients who I am soo happy to see together and can't wait to pamper them on there big day!!

Roll on the day when we don't feel the need to add the word 'gay' and just talk about weddings and marriage whether its same sex or not.

As for public displays of affection... I hate them! Gay, straight or even people kissing their pets and vice versa I have to divert my gaze :o

My children will not be gay. I can assure you. They show no symptoms of it.

If they were it would be okay but I would never be 100% with it.

You know what your absolutely right. I recall having a terrible fever just before I became a rampant homosexual. How it was missed I just don't know...

I agree with nearlyme but also the lady is also allowed to have her own speech as everybody does. but I think it's part of humanity to hate something I don't gays or gay marriage I support it 100%! but I hate loads of stuff and illegal immigrants is one of them.

I agree with nearlyme but also the lady is also allowed to have her own speech as everybody does. but I think it's part of humanity to hate something I don't gays or gay marriage I support it 100%! but I hate loads of stuff and illegal immigrants is one of them.

I don't hate anyone. Dislike perhaps. Hate is a strong word like

Roll on the day when we don't feel the need to add the word 'gay' and just talk about weddings and marriage whether its same sex or not.

As for public displays of affection... I hate them! Gay, straight or even people kissing their pets and vice versa I have to divert my gaze :o

I do aswell! Especially when it's right in front of you waiting for a bus ewwwww!

I don't hate anyone. Dislike perhaps. Hate is a strong word like

Hate and dislike everybody has it in them somewhere but agree it's not good

I think it's part of humanity to hate something[/B] I don't gays or gay marriage I support it 100%! but I hate loads of stuff and illegal immigrants is one of them.

No it isn't!
I honestly don't hate any group of society, I obviously don't support any criminal or deviant members of our society but I only wish the law will catch up with them not wish them any actual bodily harm.

This thread (YOUR thread) is supposed to be about celebrating a move forward to a more liberal society, not about being divisive and intolerant of others.

I don't think that is a valid point these days.

40 years ago I was the only child in my class whose parents were getting divorced, I was ridiculed and made to feel a lesser person. These days you are the odd one out if your parents are still together never mind married!
Things move on, and these days having same sex parents isn't really that big a deal.

I think a lot of posters here have hit the nail on the head...Respect!
We need to respect other people's life choices and preferences, not continue to extoll old fashioned values.

In the UK there are 10000s of children in foster care, waiting for someone to love them. Chances are it is "heterosexual" couples, popping sprogs out like shelling peas when they can hardly look after themselves that has put there-

Are we really saying that these children would be bettee off remaining in the care system then being adopted by a gay couple, or a single gay/lesbian person, who has jumped through all the hoops, including opening your private life up to scrutiny?
Are they not better being loved by a gay man then growing up feeling unloved and unwanted?
Didn't mean to quote you Izzidoll but couldn't find post and this was the one that seemed the most linked

Oh yeah of course. Disliking something or someone for any reason is always gonna happen it's how you choose to show or share your particular dislike or hatred that affects people and what I am strongly against. For example I know a lot of people don't share in my joy that I am indeed a gay and I respect that view so I choose not to skip along with wrists flapping while singing a jolly show tune.
However when it starts being reffered to on terms that make it sound like an illness of which I surely showed symptoms of, or that it should be hidden away and not reflected on popular TV shows just because it makes peoe feel awkward, that's when it becomes a little bit narky

Lets look at this another way.

"I hate black people. When I see them kissing on tv it turns my stomach. I know my child will never marry a black person because they do not show the symptoms and because I have sheilded them from it"

THIS IS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT BUT ONE WE USED TO HEAR 15 YEARS AGO BUT NOW IT IS DISGUSTING AND SHOCKING (AND BLOODY RIGHTLY SO) What gives anyone the right tp say these things about gay couples and have it just written off as her right to share an opinion? .

I don't but anyone reading that would be shocked and disgusted. Why should we be allowed to spout off hate speach just because it is "our opinion?
You CAN not judge the ability someone has to love a child, or antother person, based on their sex,religious beliefs, skin colour or who they like to kiss.

So u should have loads of not gay children from not using contraception what with being catholic n all.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

......meanwhile, back at Gay Marriage now being legal....

So u should have loads of not gay children from not using contraception what with being catholic n all.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was thinking that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back