Geeks without Pressies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I am breaking the "no naming and shaming" rule, but please allow me to name and shame myself.

No, I have not purchased my geek's gift yet, not because I am selfish or anything like that, but because life got in the way and I have not been able to spare an extra $5...and when I had it, I had a blonde moment and forgot to get it. I know it sounds unbelieveably pathetic, but it is true.

So much stuff happened around the Christmas holiday, the phone company decided to turn my phone off, over 18 measley dollars and I had to get that back on, which ended up costing me $78 then I owed the bank some money, I had other totally unexpected bills to pay that when the dust cleared all I had was $30, thank God for the $50 Target gift card my Aunt sent me! Why am I telling you guys this? Because I don't want anyone thinking that I am a person just out to "get" and never "give" anyone who knows me knows that that is not me anyway. I know that saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but I truly had good intentions and thought surely I could afford $5 :rolleyes:

I feel horrible, and I made sure that I kept posting messages, even though the person I was posting them for didn't know I was posting them for her, but I tried my best to let my geek know something, I didn't just not send it and not say anything about it.

So there's my situation, and even if my geek has a volunteer to send her one, I still want to send one to her.

I don't know where the hell I've been but I have no idea what this is all about!:eek:
When did this secret santa start?
I feel like I've completely missed out on something here...........through my own fault of course!

Ms. Matrix

Do you REALLY want to sit in that chair? tsk tsk no shaming allowed.

As I posted earlier, I am well aware that for some geeks, their intentions are sincere and that life gets in the way of living.
As they say "**** happens"
No one is going to hold it against you if life has handed you a rough deal and you're juggling a few things at once..

Hugs hun, we do understand.

I just wanted to clear this all up, and not keep having to track everything well into spring.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I know that I am breaking the "no naming and shaming" rule, but please allow me to name and shame myself.

No, I have not purchased my geek's gift yet, not because I am selfish or anything like that, but because life got in the way and I have not been able to spare an extra $5...and when I had it, I had a blonde moment and forgot to get it. I know it sounds unbelieveably pathetic, but it is true.

So much stuff happened around the Christmas holiday, the phone company decided to turn my phone off, over 18 measley dollars and I had to get that back on, which ended up costing me $78 then I owed the bank some money, I had other totally unexpected bills to pay that when the dust cleared all I had was $30, thank God for the $50 Target gift card my Aunt sent me! Why am I telling you guys this? Because I don't want anyone thinking that I am a person just out to "get" and never "give" anyone who knows me knows that that is not me anyway. I know that saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but I truly had good intentions and thought surely I could afford $5 :rolleyes:

I feel horrible, and I made sure that I kept posting messages, even though the person I was posting them for didn't know I was posting them for her, but I tried my best to let my geek know something, I didn't just not send it and not say anything about it.

So there's my situation, and even if my geek has a volunteer to send her one, I still want to send one to her.

Yolanda, everyone understands how it is, we all have bills and they get on top of us. It sucks, you didnt have to name yourself! We all love you no matter what!
xx

Hugs hun, we do understand.

I just wanted to clear this all up, and not keep having to track everything well into spring.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

We all love you no matter what!
xx
Thanks for that guys. I know that I didn't have to name myself or tell my situation, but I felt that it was just the right thing to do. I didn't do it for any other reason but to let the truth about the matter be known....
Now, as per her instructions I am going to the "time-out" chair...OUCH!! Tight squeeze!!!! :eek: Damn, these ample hips!!! :lol:

Thanks for that guys. I know that I didn't have to name myself or tell my situation, but I felt that it was just the right thing to do. I didn't do it for any other reason but to let the truth about the matter be known....
Now, as per her instructions I am going to the "time-out" chair...OUCH!! Tight squeeze!!!! :eek: Damn, these ample hips!!! :lol:
You make me laugh!!

just to say i posted my gift today so once you receive it.....be sure to let us know....(hope you like it)...xx

can anyone explain what this gift thing is about plz im currious to know xxx

aww i see what it is now lol.What a good idea from Vhunter.I will join in the next one,thanks for the link xxx

aww i see what it is now lol.What a good idea from Vhunter.I will join in the next one,thanks for the link xxx

no probs hun xxx:hug:

i havent read all the posts in this thread, but i think its getting abit tedious now - its nearly the end of jan - why dont you just take the names off the list for next year - this was a good idea - i participated and got my pressy, and i posted my pressie, but if peeps are just gonna mess about with it - restrict them from ever participating - or - dont do it again for next year - would be a shame tho, cos i enjoyed this and totally looked forward to getting my pressie - i know its not nice for the folks that didnt get their pressies, but why should geeks that have already paid and posted have to cover for those indivuals that havent kept up to there end

dont want this coming across as bitch fest flower, but it just doesnt seem fair to me that others are posting and paying for 2 pressies, when geeks that agreed to participate - dont keep up to the rules - BAN them from doing it next year

i thought this SS was great - i loved it - and will be participating next year too :hug:

Thanks for your thoughts, Pan. I mean that sincerely.:hug:

Very much why I posted last week (or was it the week before?) about people having one week left to pull up their socks. Then this week, I decided to put this puppy to bed and be done with it.

I did hesitate about asking for volunteers (and note: most had volunteered before I asked), it was a hard decision as to whether or not to do it.
On one hand, it's unfair for the ones that did not recieve, and on the other, it's unfair to ask others to dig in their pockets a 2nd time.
I figured, I'd ask for volunteers. If none came forward, and there wasn't enough to go around from the ones that had already offered; then I wouldn't reassign some 'receivers'. If I had enough, then I would reassign.
The choice was up to the geeks. ANd I thank them for stepping up. It was a very LOVELY thing to do!

I wanted this all to end on a successfull note, especially being the first time doing it.
I WILL do it again next year. YES, we do have a blacklist for next year.
However, next year; what will be, will be. Meaning, I will NOT look for volunteers for any that wound up on the short end of the stick.
ANOTHER GOOD REASON NOT to go over the budget that was set in the rules:wink2:

But next year, now that we've worked it all through, WILL be done a tad differently. Not much, but a tad. AND it will be started earlier, so that the xmas rush of our businesses and personal lives don't come into play and complicate things. And.. the xmas rush of the postal system :rolleyes:

I'm going to try to close this thread now, if I can as it's my own. If not, I'll ask a mod.
I think that we've all learned a great deal from this experience. I think many lovely things have been said, and much food for thought has been given.
I hope more positive than negative, has been gained by this gift exchange.
I think Christmas is officially over (by the way I FINALLY took my tree down today :lol: :lol: better late than never lol) and I can change my avatar tomorrow and rid myself of that hysterical hairdo haha

Despite all the madness and confusion, I did SINCERELY enjoy arranging it for everyone.:lol:

So, until next year....
He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
so be good for goodness sake

OR

The evil elf will make sure you get coal and rubber dog poo
:green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back