Geeks without Pressies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the other sad bit about Secret Santa, geeks who have received their gifts but haven't pm'ed their Secret Santa to say thanks, or replied to pm's, so you are left not knowing whether your gift has been received.

Hopefully this will remind people!

Teri x:hug:

Well, I think that the people who have not sent their presents and not contacted their geeks should be ashamed of themselves, but I have to say I really don't see the point of sending them now anyway, its way to late and I am sure people wouldn't expect anyone to put their hand in their pockets twice. Sorry not trying to be mean or anything, just how I feel about it, if it was me I would just think "oh well lesson leaned and I wont do that again". If they were not going to send the gifts then they shouldnt have signed up for it.

First off

Please let me say a HUGE GIGANTIC THANKS to all the geeks that have stepped up to the plate to sort this out and make sure that EVERYONE receives a gift. This is a true example of the geek spirit.

THANK YOU

Now.... as for naming and shaming.
ABSOLUTELY NOT:!: :irked:
It is beneath us to do so.
It is enough that they will not be allowed to participate next year, and will have to wait until the next xmas to have another chance.
I'm sure their guilt is enough, and they see our threads regarding this issue.
ALSO in the case of 'some' (not all), it is truly not their fault. They tried...and something slipped up along the way. Granted, I can not assume that all are telling the truth, but surely some are. Having said that, I do not wish to make the sincere secret-santas feel any worse than they already do.
For any late-arriving gifts, pardons will be issued and they will be permitted to play next year.
Nor will I allow the opportunity for catty pm's and that sort to take place.
Make peace, not war.

However, since I want to put this puppy to bed, I'm not waiting any more. I'm sorting what I can now.

For next year, we will start EARLIER and plan it so that people receive their gifts in the end November.
Why? We are all busy bees in December, between our jobs, our families and the regular holiday insanity AND add to that, post office troubles and the fact that some pressies travel overseas.............
Delays were expected.

I understand that some see no point in sending pressies this late.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
However, if it were me that had not received, I'd be totally bummed after the buildup of anticipation.
NO, it's not about receiving. I know. We all know. But when you don't receive, you perhaps feel that you're not appreciated, or valued. That someone didn't think highly enough of you to get off their duff and go shopping.

This was not (or should not have been) and expensive undertaking, nor complicated. With a limit of 5$, and the strict orders of it being for FUN and not about going over the top.
I can easily list a gazillion (ok, maybe not a gazillion, but pretty darn close:lol: ) things that cost under 5$ that are easy to ship and perfectly nice and acceptable gifts. In fact, I may produce a list next year to help the 'shopping-challenged' :lol: .

So, thank you again for helping me sort this out.
Once I receive confirms for all gifts received, I will put this puppy to bed till next year AND REMOVE THAT HORRID HAIRDO
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(those really aren't my colours haha)

Id like to say a big thanks to the geeks who donated geekmolians to Victoria, who was able to buy me a geekmolian gift which is, im told on behalf of all of you , so thanks and:hug: to you all xx

To those that have been sent 'cyber geek gifts' for volunteering on a 2nd round of gifts to the 11 geeks who got left out...

PLEASE do not thank me.
They are from all of us.
Several geeks pm'd donations to me, so I'd have enough to go to all 11 of you. Otherwise, I wouldnt have been able to do so.

So please, just accept them and be happy.:green: (besides, I'm drowing in pms HAHAHAHa:lol: )

I'm just so pleased to see such great geek spirit this morning,helping to sort out some 'wrongs'.

THANKS AGAIN
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

have pmd you - willing to donate here xxxx

Thanks luv, but by the time I got to the end of the list, I had enough to go around. I just made it. :green:
Thanks so much anyway!!!

Keep your molians and buy yourself a nice ribbon:green:

Id like to say a big thanks to the geeks who donated geekmolians to Victoria, who was able to buy me a geekmolian gift which is, im told on behalf of all of you , so thanks and:hug: to you all xx

me too thanks everyone :hug:

I name and shame myself! As I posted on the other thread my geeks gift found its way back to my via the post office! I waited until I was allowed to pm the geek and confirmed her address. Its all been posted but I haven't heard anything :cry: Deffo should be there by now.

I name and shame myself! As I posted on the other thread my geeks gift found its way back to my via the post office! I waited until I was allowed to pm the geek and confirmed her address. Its all been posted but I haven't heard anything :cry: Deffo should be there by now.

tsk tsk tsk
NO NAMING AND SHAMING!!

I should put you in the pink time-out chair for that! (LOL will have to post a pic of it, I threaten it so much HAHAHA:lol: )
Poppy has NOT complained to me, so I'm standing on the assumption that she has received it.

YO:!: PEOPLE?
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED A GIFT AND NOT SAID THANKS YET TO YOUR SANTA

PLEASE DO SO!!!!

thanks again :hug:

glad its been sorted xxxxxxxxx

do you still need molians?? i'll donate some victoria? xx

I won the Geekmolian Lottery this week so I will donate some to :hug:

I just received my PM with my new secret santa details... this is fun... i could do this all year round lol.
And thank you for the geekmolians presents :)

Thanks for my geekmolian pressie to guys.

Now I've got another excuse to shopping - again! :lol:

I actually had enough.
Between what I had, and what was donated... everyone was covered.

BUT THANKS SO MUCH ANYWAYS!!!

So Klassy? I'll send your money back, ok sweets?
It wouldn't be fair of me to keep it. But it was a very kind and generous gesture
AS IT WAS by all the geeks that donated to the pressies for the volunteers:!:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

So, so it's official.
Im broke on all fronts :lol: molian wise and real money wise
:lol:

Thanks again everyone
xoxoxoxxo

so it's official.
Im broke on all fronts :lol: molian wise and real money wise
:lol:

Thanks again everyone
xoxoxoxxo

Ah, but you're rich in other ways Victoria.
The love from your family, and your family of geeks. Who needs money anyway.:green: :hug:

Ah, but you're rich in other ways Victoria.
The love from your family, and your family of geeks. Who needs money anyway.:green: :hug:

the debt collectors, the oil company and the nail school for a much desired L&P course

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, no debt collectors here. Just debt HAHAHA

Yup, I'm definately rich in the ways that count. You won't hear me complain on that front,

AND I'm so glad that I can count so many of you as my friends.
I'm a very lucky girl indeed

AND I'm so glad that I can count so many of you as my friends.
I'm a very lucky girl indeed

Stop it V! You willhave us all blubbering in our dappen dishes in a minute! :lol:

Oh no you don't:!: :irked: :smack:

Only one blubberer aloud per forum and that's ME!!!
I'm the official blubber-puss, soo phhhhht on you LOL

Besides... I do it better than you do.
I'm LOUD hahahaha and can honk my nose like an elephant trumpeting
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will name and shame myself.

My geek was sent her gift before Christmas (23rd) I realise too late for chrimble especially to Austrailia. As it hadn't arrived I posted another gift to her on Saturday (it takes 5 to 7 days I was informed at the post office), so I am now awaiting a PM from my geek to say it has arrived, this time next week I presume.

My geek is well aware of the situation.

But if it helps I will send another gift to another unreceiving geek!

Take care
I will let you know as soon as it arrives :hug: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back