Gel colour before/after builder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shirleymcc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, do any of you ever apply builder before you colour gel? i was taught bonding layer, colour, builder then top shine. I saw a few clips of where the colour was applied after the builder and thought that would save so much time at the next appointment. I did ask a rep from the company I use but she'd never heard of that and said she wouldnt recommend it.

Hi when I was trained in IBD hard gels (before SOG) we were trained to prep, base, builder, cleanse, cure, file to finish, color, then top coat.

Hi everyone, do any of you ever apply builder before you colour gel? i was taught bonding layer, colour, builder then top shine. I saw a few clips of where the colour was applied after the builder and thought that would save so much time at the next appointment. I did ask a rep from the company I use but she'd never heard of that and said she wouldnt recommend it.

Hi I use Nco London hard gels and NSI balance hard gel and was taught to always apply builder as your layer BEFORE colour. So prep, Base and build, file/refine, 2 x colour gel, finishing gloss topcoat.

I've never ever heard of using builder after colour but if that's what your rep says then stick with it as obviously she knows her system best. Which gel are you using anyway? Xx

I also use nsi & would do builder layer first file & shape,2 coats of colour then topcoat. Otherwise you are going to have a lot more filing to do a colour change & what a waste of product in my opinion.x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

If it was me, I would apply builder gel first then colour. If the client wanted to change colour you could simply file it off.

Thanks everyone, that does sound to make alot more sense. I use Crystal Nails products. Going to ask second opinion of another rep. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back