gel course expensive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes but would you actually charge people when your only practising?

good lord yes, why wouldn't you? I bet your local college charges for people to go to their student salons, so why shouldn't you? You can also get student insurance by only charging a nominal rate to cover your costs.

you must live in an ideal world then! lol

Got to say this is rich coming form you annabanna when you said in one post "I just have to have it all whether I need it or not" or words to that effect :lol:. Seemed like money was no object to you.

hi i would think a induction is a basic and it just shows you generally how the course goes , full training or maybe foundation shows you how to do everything ,please quote me if I'm wrong :hug:

This is incorrect.

If one has already attended and passed a CND L&P Foundation Course, then they would only have to do an Induction Class with Brisa Gels because PREP, client consultation. anatomy, physiology, etc etc has already been covered at Foundation level. No need to cover it all again is there? ONLY the application and product chemistry changes so the class is much shorter and therefore at a much reduced cost to the student. The class is not basic ... it just doesn't recover old ground.

This is incorrect.

If one has already attended and passed a CND L&P Foundation Course, then they would only have to do an Induction Class with Brisa Gels because PREP, client consultation. anatomy, physiology, etc etc has already been covered at Foundation level. No need to cover it all again is there? ONLY the application and product chemistry changes so the class is much shorter and therefore at a much reduced cost to the student. The class is not basic ... it just doesn't recover old ground.

thats a relief!!!!!!! i'v been querying the foundation courses I had no idea I only needed an induction! thanks for the info! :green:

YES YES and YES....you have paid for those products you are putting on clients...practicing or not.

You should NEVER do freebies....its your business...your job... would anyone go to work for a few hours and use there own equipment for FREE ???

in my experience as soon as you do one set or free they'll expect it free from then on even after you'v passed and making a living out of it :rolleyes:

This is the same with other reputable companies....if they want you to do their foundation course to add gel to your service list, question it as you already have your foundation so it shouldn't be necessary.

hi, my gel course cost me £415. and it was worth every penny my tutor was great and she is still available to speak to even now if I have a problem. all I have to do is text or ring and she will reply asap the same day or straight away depending what she is doing. The £415 was for the starter kit, gel nails, pink & white gels, and maintaining gel nails. courses:)

This is the same with other reputable companies....if they want you to do their foundation course to add gel to your service list, question it as you already have your foundation so it shouldn't be necessary.

Absolutely Cathie! Foundation Courses are your big investment, thereafter as all the Health & Safety, anatomy, prep etc have been covered a conversion course is sufficient from system to system.

You won't be practising on clients nails, you will be a novice nail technician. If you don't charge when you're a beginner then you can bet your azz that those people whose nails you're doing won't respect their new enhancements and you will find them abusing them and trying to make out that it's your fault.

You need to cover your product costs and also allow a bit for your time too, charging makes sense, it's business sense! You also need to let those clients know that your prices won't be low forever and as soon as your techniques have improved they will be paying full price.

Got to say this is rich coming form you annabanna when you said in one post "I just have to have it all whether I need it or not" or words to that effect :lol:. Seemed like money was no object to you.

This is incorrect.

hi sorry i used the word basic ,, thats really what i meant as we dont need to go over everything again prep etc ,soz if i affended anyone :hug:

anyway has anyone else did the youngnails gel course and what do u think about it and would u recommend it ?:hug:

You won't be practising on clients nails, you will be a novice nail technician. If you don't charge when you're a beginner then you can bet your azz that those people whose nails you're doing won't respect their new enhancements and you will find them abusing them and trying to make out that it's your fault.

You need to cover your product costs and also allow a bit for your time too, charging makes sense, it's business sense! You also need to let those clients know that your prices won't be low forever and as soon as your techniques have improved they will be paying full price.

I understand what your saying but when I feel able to move from trainer hand to real hand lol then I hope to start practising on friends and family...it never crossed my mind to charge them because I cant guarantee the results are gonna be great to start with! lol i dont know how i would be able to charge friends and family when i feel that they are doing me a favour by letting me practice on them :irked:

I understand what your saying but when I feel able to move from trainer hand to real hand lol then I hope to start practising on friends and family...it never crossed my mind to charge them because I cant guarantee the results are gonna be great to start with! lol i dont know how i would be able to charge friends and family when i feel that they are doing me a favour by letting me practice on them :irked:

If you explain that you have the cost of your products to cover but you aren't charging for your time (yet), I'm sure they wont mind.....

anyway has anyone else did the youngnails gel course and what do u think about it and would u recommend it ?:hug:
hi ,its know the end of the week and im swithering to go for nsi gel course or youngnails course ,if anyone has done the course could they let me know as nsi course will be starting soon and il need to decided ,will i go for nsi or youngnails what u think ,im not thinking about the money but theres about £200 difference in price ,i just want tp go with the right one YOUNGNAILS ANYONE ! :hug:

NSI all the way for me!! I have never found any better customer service, products and technical support.

I have been trained with Young Nails gel and think its a lovely product. I still use their Gel and L&p. They are a lovely team and are always supportive even when you have finished your training and still asking questions years later! Its a lovely gel and their Kaleidascope (coloured gels) are beautiful. I think you may get the training DVD aswell with your course, its Greg Salo who I have to say is fantastic.

I have been trained with Young Nails gel and think its a lovely product. I still use their Gel and L&p. They are a lovely team and are always supportive even when you have finished your training and still asking questions years later! Its a lovely gel and their Kaleidascope (coloured gels) are beautiful. I think you may get the training DVD aswell with your course, its Greg Salo who I have to say is fantastic.

:)I couldnt agree more hun Gregs the man I have had the Privelege of spending a little time with the man himself and Fantastic is only one of the words I would use.

I have also had the luxuary of spending quite a bit of time in the company of both Steven Dodd and Claire Kelly again words escape me.

Latest posts

Back