Gel Nail Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyr

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

I'm a nail tech. in a really small town. I have used other gel nail products in the past, but I've spent the last week reviewing other gels. As in - Bio Sculpture, Akzentz, NSI and the list goes on geeez!

I need a product that does what it says it is going to do, quick, easy, gets them coming back and will not break my purse in the process, until I can build up a good client base. I have clients requesting this and I do not want to do Ar. nails, power, smell, etc.

I do alot of nail art so a gel that is very flexable is the ticket for me.

Help, anyone that can assist me in my search, I will be ever so thankful.

Kind regards,

In this business, 'quick' usually means damage.
And 'cheap' often means (not always, but often) garbage.

And most gels are versatile enough, with playing around to enable you to do a multitude of things.

I think most importantly, you need to decide whether you want a soak-off or a buff-off; then go from there down the list of things you want. Right there, by making that decision, you narrow your choices.

Ideally, a product that is available to you locally and that offers training and support is best.

Each tech you ask will favour their own brand. You have to find what fits you.
Also, as with anything else; there is a learning curve to gels or l&p or whatever, that requires time.
The saying is that it takes up to 100 sets before the light goes off in your head and you go "now I got it!":idea:

Do a search on here, and you'll find a multitude of threads on how to make the choice that fits you best.

hth's

hi creative gel is great also Young nails have a great gel. good luck x

hi also is good IBD, ezflow, christrio, nsi... :)

CND Brisa for me - because it does what it says it does. Variety of colours that can be mixed and customised to clients needs. Clients love it too, because most of it is done especially for them))

I also love IBD - a huge variety of gels.:hug:

It is impossible 2 know what is the product you need for you work and maybe more important for your personality.

You will have to test it out! Maybe you should call you local Distributors for samples if any or try to find time to join courses for some of the products that moves the market or the field you work in.

Be careful! It is known that fast work is bad work. And it is the truth!

Next is the commodity of your clients and the way they feel of the work and quality you deliver and that is up to you to give them a good impression.

REMEMBER THAT THE SUCCESS IN THE NAIL BUSINESS COMES WITH THE POST TREATMENT. THAT IS WHEN YOUR CLIENTS COMES BACK FOR MORE. THEN YOU WILL START EARNING FROM YOUR SEEDS. :zzz:

Contact NSI for a Balance Sampler Kit. The gel is VERY high quality and there are a lot of options in viscosity and color to suit your needs. Also, they have 42 color gels that are beautiful and EXTREMELY easy to use for permanent polish or nail art. Their website at www.nsinails.com offers a lot of demos, videos and other tips for working with their gels.

why not try Go Gel its simular to bio scultpture but a more reasonably price they do a soak off and also buff off gel. comes in lots of colours .

Hope that helps

Have tried loads and I have to say my favourite it NSI, even prefer it over my beloved Ezflow's Gel It line . . . it's so easy to work with, easy to build a stress area, lovely pink and whites, strong - what more could you ask?

I'd still say get some trial kits in and have a play though, my way of working and yours may be different :hug: hth

My favorite gel is Light Elegance!!! I have been using it for 8 years. The customer support is terrific!! I didn't have gels in school is 1993 so they taught me on and via phone. I have never regretted switching to gels. They do self distribute their product. Check them out on line. Cinda

Latest posts

Back