Gel Overlays?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lis2411

Reaction score
I'm still quite new in the nail industry and have been doing gel nail extensions. I now want to also offer gel overlays as they seem to be quite poular but I wasn't shown that when I did my training. Is it just a case of applying the gel to the natural nail without a tip? Using the same gel in the same way?

Thanks for all answers!! :p

Another question, for removing gels is it best to just soak them off or better to file the gel off?

Last edited:
I'm still quite new in the nail industry and have been doing gel nail extensions. I now want to also offer gel overlays as they seem to be quite poular but I wasn't shown that when I did my training. Is it just a case of applying the gel to the natural nail without a tip? Using the same gel in the same way?

When doing overlays the most important thing is capping the free edge all round including the sides.

Apart from that it is the same procedure - HTH

I agree with Adele....capping on a NNO is very important....also don't be tempted to apply the gel too thin thinking that there is no tip so you don't need the added strength....although they can be thinner on a short nail....long nails still need support.

Sorry for the dense question but what is capping? Im not a gel user but does capping need to be done with acyrlics NNO aswell?

when you seal the free edge with a lick of gel....think of a kit-kat, all nicely sealed with chocolate....now bite the end off and see all the layers...those layers can start to peal and split....(cant remember who i read the kit-kat thing from now but thanks its always stuck in my head)

Another question, for removing gels is it best to just soak them off or better to file the gel off?

Is your gel a soak off or buff off gel ?

When i did my couse i was showen only one time how to do Gels. we were soposto do all of it but we only did they others not gel.:cry:

Hiya,

What brand of gel are you using? xx

Latest posts

Back