"Gel removal", Shellac article in magazine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I guess it was only a matter of time before a client did this but I have just been brought in an article from the Times Magazine.

In the magazine it states that Gel Polish/Power Polish does no damage to your nails if it is removed correctly. The quote Marian Newman as saying:

" You have to soak the nail in Acetone to lift the colour, which makes the nail surface very soft. Many techs try to save time by using an orange wood stick to remove it and in doing so damage the surface of the nail. The correct way is to allow the varnish to soak until it comes off in one piece, if your manicurist uses a wood stick give them a telling off from me. You should then wait a few days to let the nail recover before applying your next set"

Now she simply handed this to me on her way past the salon whilst I was setting up for another client, she had told me she had an article for me and I said I would read it later,

What do you say to this kind of thing? I use an orange wood stick but in no way scratch the nail with it, I use it to lift the flakes away after I have removed the wrap and then scrub with nourishing remover to remove any bits of residue that may be left. I don't think I ever have Shellac "come off in one piece" and we all know you don't need a break after removal so long as it is removed correctly, applied correctly and cared for at home correctly.

Im just at a bit of a loss as to what to say........

What you say is that you follow CND company protocol and since when do the papers ever get anything right???

I completely agree with Geeg. When she comes in tell her it gave you a laugh and let her know how it is actually supposed to be done xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Oh dear! When will they ever quote accurately!! Wait a few days?? As if. I actually sent her Doug's article so she had the correct info from THE expert.
:evil:

Well now we can tell any clients that mention this to us when we produce our orange sticks.....that actually when we were chatting online to Marian Newman she told us that she had been misquoted :wink2:

Well now we can tell any clients that mention this to us when we produce our orange sticks.....that actually when we were chatting online to Marian Newman she told us that she had been misquoted :wink2:

Nooooooo!!! :twisted::smack: I think 'scrape' is the operative word you may be looking for :wink2:

I'm liking this idea ;)

Oh dear! When will they ever quote accurately!! Wait a few days?? As if. I actually sent her Doug's article so she had the correct info from THE expert.
:evil:

Unfortunately facts and the truth don't tend to appeal as much to the majority of journos as their own take on the story. Bit of a "Cat Amongst The Pigeons" situation to get them some attention, we believe you xx ;)

I'm liking this idea ;)

You can't beat a bit of name dropping ;)

I also keep waiting for someone to bring up the whole UV lamps cause health problems debate, so I can quote Doug Schoon, casually mentioning that I have met him, been to some training where he gave several presentations, oh and my copy of his book is actually autographed by him !
But no one ever has.....my clients already have complete faith in me and my products :irked:

Last edited:
Nooooooo!!! :twisted::smack: I think 'scrape' is the operative word you may be looking for :wink2:

Ahh Mum I did not realise you were the lady in question, sorry for that!

We all know papers bend the truth! Like you say it's the word "scrape" thats missing there.

So I guess I can say that we are absolutely allowed to use an orange stick so long as we are not scraping it off the nail?!

Even when you send them the info they make it up!

Latest posts

Back