Gel Toes...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrineC

Reaction score
Hiya Gorgeous Geeks,

I have been getting a few requests for "Gel Toes" now it's coming up to summer in Australia and am wondering how I do them? I know it seems pretty self-explanatory but just wanted to make sure I do it perfect. This was not included back when I trained. :cry:

If you can please give me tips that would be so appreciated!!

Also, if there is a particularly great brand to use can you let me know too?

Thanks so, so much! :green:

xoxo Corrine xoxo

I use Creative Brisa and do a lot of gel toes.

Prep as usual
Apply a layer of translucent pink - cure
Using paint on white apply french finish - cure
Apply top coat - cure
Remove inhibition layer

And thats it, no need to build an apex, if fact the thinner the better. When they've grown out (sometimes up to 8 weeks) I buff of completely and re - apply. HTH

i go along with what adele says.
i vary slightly though because i prefer a soak off gel for extra flexibility on the toenails. i use lechat nobility.

concentrate on a thorough prep as there will be more of a build up of dead cells on the toenails. because you are working with such small nails, be very cautious not to get product touching the skin.

there is a glitter gel toenail tutorial on my sites that you might find useful.:green:

Thanks guys.. Can anyone suggest any more good gels to use? Is there a better one to use- buff off or soak off? Also, can I buy them in Australia?..

Thanks so much! xoxo

I use belpedo of trosani, its specifically for toes. It can be used without bonding gel but i didn't risk and i had no problems. i don't know if you can find in australia but you can find it online.

cheers
zringa

I use Bio Sculpture gel on clients toes all the time and it has been very popular all year round! They love the choice of colours or french, and it lasts a good 6-8 weeks (usually longer but they want a colour change by that point!) Also great with a few rhinestones of a bit or art on the big toe too!

One thing I have found is that more clients want french in summer and colour in winter.

I particularly like a soak off gel on toes, as it is more flexible and it is usually off in less than 5 minutes for some reason...nice and quick! Soak off, and new colour takes me 45 minutes max!

As has been said, a good prep is imperative, and dont soak the feet for too long beforehand.

Thanks so much for all your advice!
xxxx

Hello, I did visit your website and found your instruction to be very helpful. Thank you!

Hi, NSI Balance gel is also a good one, very easy to file and looks good for ages.

I find for the little toes, a brush is actually too big, I use the end of a dotting tool (about £2.50 in nail art sections - or you may already have one) and just put the gel on using that. hth. Some toes are just toooo small for a brush lol!

as an extra thought - for gel toes and really small nails i use ( i know you shouldnt ) a small eyeliner brush and to draw a very small white smile too on toes x:Love:

Latest posts

Back