Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellie xx

Reaction score
Hello, I know there are other posts very similar to this one so please forgive me... at the moment I don't offer any kind of gel nail treatment. I am looking in to Gelleration and Shellac but are there any others that are particularly great in your opinion?

Hello, I know there are other posts very similar to this one so please forgive me... at the moment I don't offer any kind of gel nail treatment. I am looking in to Gelleration and Shellac but are there any others that are particularly great in your opinion?

GELISH by Nail Harmony

I can also personally recommend Gelish, it is my most popular treatment at the moment. Call Georgie or Jay on 0800 0148300 for more info! xx

Depends what you want to do doesn't it?

You can't enhance nails with thin coloured gels like gellak or geleration or pronto or any of the other hundreds of coloured gels.

You can't enhance nails with Shellac either as it is a hybrid polish rather than a gel.

Say Hello to Shellac - CND

http://cnd.com/Products/Color/shellac-video.aspx

If you want to enhance and lengthen nails and really add much more strength to nails, then you need to use a stronger gel than the ones you mention or a stronger gel along with the ones you mention.

Ive read a lot about gelish on here and it sounds great too.i live an area where there are now beauty salons popping up everywhere all offering the same treatments and products and to be honest its getting to me a bit. Therefore i want to be able to offer a treatment that is different and unique but not too pricey for my clients and will keep my customers thinking of my salon above all the others. Are gelish as super shiney as shellac even after 2 weeks? ive heard the bottles are bigger and the brush is thicker with gelish but are they as cost effective as shellac?xx

Ive read a lot about gelish on here and it sounds great too.i live an area where there are now beauty salons popping up everywhere all offering the same treatments and products and to be honest its getting to me a bit. Therefore i want to be able to offer a treatment that is different and unique but not too pricey for my clients and will keep my customers thinking of my salon above all the others. Are gelish as super shiney as shellac even after 2 weeks? ive heard the bottles are bigger and the brush is thicker with gelish but are they as cost effective as shellac?xx

Hi!

As you are asking for information about Gelish, please allow me to give you some info...

Gelish most definatley stays shiney for as long as 3 weeks, without chipping, peeling or fading. It soaks off in as little as 10-15 mins depending on the length of time it has been on. You only need to lightly buff the surface before soaking.
Gelish comes in 48 fabulous colours including sparkles too & can be used on natural nails or over enhancements.
They come in 15ml size bottles & are very cost effective against other brands which come in much smaller bottles. The brush offers precise coverage of the Gelish too, very easy to work with.

If you would like to see the colour range, please look at the facebook page 'Nail Harmony United Kingdom' on there are lots of photos of techs work with Gelish & lots of comments about the product I'm sure you find useful.

Thank you so much Bev Rose ~ this is exactly the information I was after!! I have never offered any other nail treatment other than treating the natural nail with polish so gel is definitely the next step for me. I have heard lots of people saying they love Shellac so was convinced I would go for them, but then heard about gelish and what a great variety of colours they do, which I think my clients will love, particularly the sparkly ones (specific clients spring to mind as soon as the word sparkles are mentioned!!)

Do you know if there is a course that I could go on to learn how to apply them perfectly or is it something that I would have to learn as I go along?? If there is a course, do you know if there is one around the Surrey area and how much it is too please?

Sorry, another quick question ~ how much is the average price for a set of Gelish and Shellac nails and how much do they cost to do per treatment?? Are we allowed to post that info on here?? If not, please pm me cos I don't want to break any rules!!

Thank you so much Bev Rose ~ this is exactly the information I was after!! I have never offered any other nail treatment other than treating the natural nail with polish so gel is definitely the next step for me. I have heard lots of people saying they love Shellac so was convinced I would go for them, but then heard about gelish and what a great variety of colours they do, which I think my clients will love, particularly the sparkly ones (specific clients spring to mind as soon as the word sparkles are mentioned!!)

Do you know if there is a course that I could go on to learn how to apply them perfectly or is it something that I would have to learn as I go along?? If there is a course, do you know if there is one around the Surrey area and how much it is too please?

Sorry, another quick question ~ how much is the average price for a set of Gelish and Shellac nails and how much do they cost to do per treatment?? Are we allowed to post that info on here?? If not, please pm me cos I don't want to break any rules!!

We are not allowed to quote 'trade' prices on here as this is a public forum as well as a professionl one - in other words the public can see this info. If you add 'Chantal Johnson' to your list of friends on Facebook - she is the Surrey Nail Harmony Educator - you will be able to talk to her about what courses she has coming up - she is doing quite a lot of Gelish courses & I'm sure you'll be accomodated & find the info you get on the course very informative. You can aslo use Gelish for many different styles of nail art too - look out for a Gelish design day course too.
If you would like to add me on Facebook 'Beverley Rose was Grant' is my FB name, I will gladly inform you of prices etc, which I am unable to do on here.
Thanks x

Prices vary from area to area, for Gelish and Shellac, I add 50% to my manicure prices, so this should give you a rough idea xxx

Thank you ~ all added on facebook and the 50% thing is good info too ~ thanks for all of your help! xx

Hi I've just recently trained in Calgel & absolutely love it. The training was very in-depth & I really recommend the products. They also have fantastic aftercare support. Im glad I I invested in a good brand, you find clients are very loyal to particular brands which will help increase business. I'm sure there are lots of others out there too just spend time looking into them all before you commit.

Latest posts

Back