Gelac nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairydust

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with gelac. Have tried everything! Looks perfect for a few days then chip after chip! Any ideas? X

What have you tried? Is it with every colour or just some of the darker colours?
Chipping with these new gel polishes is usually because of applying colour too thickly, or not capping the free edge.
If you feel you are doing everything as directed then you could contact your distributor for some technical help with this. (as well as asking on here of course ;) )

Tried applying thicker, thinner. Curing longer, extra topcoat, am awaiting a new bonding basecoat which am praying works! Everytime I read about gelac its negative, I'm hoping some have good experiences that they restore my faith! Cause at the moment I'm regretting spending so much money without researching properly!

I've just got the replacement bonding base coat & trying it out tomorrow will let you know how it goes x

It's a joke isn't it! Replacement? Did they admit that to you. My wholesalers know nothing about a new base. I contacted graffrons direct and they offered a new base in seconds hmmm makes u wonder dosent it! I'm praying it works. I've wasted so much product (practising) i expected it to be so easy! Did u have major shipping with old base?

Meant chipping!

I did the only person who had no chipping was a client who had it on her toes! My clients got a max of 4/5 days out if it, graftons sent me out the new bonding base, the place where I got it from knew nothing about it either bit were really helpful & called graftons while I was there & they posted it out the same day!

Hi Everyone,

I know there is threads on this but I real feel I have to shout about this on here....very wise not to do it in front of clients lol!!

Like many of you im an experienced Nail Tech and invested in the Gelac products however it seems its just been a huge mistake!! Every set i do starts chipping between 3 / 6 days and not one set has lasted a tidy week! I have followed instructions even cured longer and tried thicker and thinner coats and make sure to cap free edges and still no good!! There is no lifting or any other problems except the chipping!! I've got quite a few bookings in for this treatment over the next few months for weddings and i'm starting to seriously worry!! I think i'd be better off doing a regular french manicure and UV Topcoat at this rate? Does anyone else do this?

Has complaining about the product got anyone anywhere? I would love to use Shellac but the costs for a part time business is quite expensive!!

Sorry to moan but the word Rip Off springs to mind!!

Thank you X:mad:

hi i have recently purchased gelac to and actually considering changing to mani q. however i did it on a friend and her nails were in really bad condition after a few days 1 had chipped slightly but the rest stayed fine for about a 10 days. i know have it on mysef to see how it lasts. i think it may be something to do with the nail bond. have you cut your brush down by 50% i would try really working the bonder into the nail and use very very sparingly. this is what i was told and have just done this on mine. will see if they last better

I heard there was a recall on gelacs base coat. But you can use gelish or shellacs base coat with gelac with no problem.

yeah i think that was w hile ago now they have since changed there bonder and its the new one i have

Has anyone ever done chip free gelac. If so how? Help help and more help please :irked:

hi i put them on my own nails sunday so will let you know how i get on if these chip i dont feel there is anything more i can do but will keep you updated

hi i put them on my own nails sunday so will let you know how i get on if these chip i dont feel there is anything more i can do but will keep you updated

Well I'm not holding out much hope. Due to the lack of comments! I tried it today so fingers crossed x

I did mine sat night 2 had chipped by mid morning on sun!! Only chip free application I've had has been on toes!! Really disheartened with it not living up to it's promise x

I did mine sat night 2 had chipped by mid morning on sun!! Only chip free application I've had has been on toes!! Really disheartened with it not living up to it's promise x

Maybe we shud all get together and demand a refund!

I'm afraid I wish I hadn't invested in it and had spent abit more on either Shellac or Jessica's one (can't remember the name).

I have had to remove it from my menu...it chips after a couple of days and is horrid to soak off. Just my experience.:|

well i still have them on and none have chipped yet( i know it has only been 3/4 days ) my nails are not the best to have stuff on either i have oily nail beds and nothing seems to stick properley. did you peeps get a step by step when you bought the gelac to follow

I was wondering if the new base-coat worked or if you are still experiencing the same chipping problems.

I have someone who is getting very frustrated with the chipping on a "no chip" manicure and is about to give up. I am hoping to direct her to another product if you are still having problems.

Hey there I bought mine from flair in ireland had an unbelievable time with it it just did not last on anybody for more than a week (when something says two weeks I like to be able to stand over it). I eventually got my money back for the starter kit only (not the lamp, cleanser, prep & additional polishes) after many battles and arguments with them. They had the cheek to tell me I was the only person who had a problem with it. I've since changed to Shellac and I have to say it so lives up to it's rep it's amazing and does what it says (I have mine on 3wks sat no chips only re-growth) and all my clients love it. If at all poss change to it cause even on them quiet days I'm really busy with Shellac.
As for Gelac I think a refund is now necessary as it does not work and demand it show them this web site (as I did) if they say there is no problems and don't shut up about it til you get it xx

Latest posts

Back