Geleration, what's happened here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinker bell

Reaction score
Hi, I have my cousin coming to me for shellac tomorrow. She currently has Jessica Geleration on and has sent me this photo.
Only qualified with creative academy last Wednesday so not had an issues like this myself.

Is it maybe due to incorrect prep?

Many thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355939447.827118.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355939447.827118.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 451
Hi

It looks like the edge nearest the cuticle was too think and not sealed correctly enough therefore water has got in and then caused it to lift. This can be very common and you may find the nail slightly dry underneath now. Just cut the lifted edge off and remove in the Erase method as we do wont GELeration.

Hope this Helps
x

it also looks like a really thick application!!!

I would say too thick an application along with incomplete prep.

So important to know how to actually polish nails correctly so that the edges remain thin.

Here is a good rule .... If you can feel a ridge with your nail, then the gel is too thick in that area.

If you can see it and feel it then your client is certainly going to see it and feel it ... And pick at it! It will all rebound on you, the manicurist, with free re-dos and disappointed clients. You need to be proactive by learning how to polish correctly and instead of fixing problems you should be painting in such a way as to prevent them.

Thank you for your feedback.

As I mentioned I only qualified last week but the tutor did say that my technique was very good and I take a lot of care when painting. I personally thought it looked bulb like as you can see in this other picture.

Many thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355954500.574977.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355954500.574977.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 268
If you are removing this off your client before you shellac her be prepared its a mare to remove, I have a few geleration converts because of the issue the op has posted about, the thoughts of removing geleration makes my blood run cold, (40 minutes due to thickness, the client was told that her nails were thirsty??!!!! as they needed extra coats due to shrinkage :O the amount of ladies that refused shellac due to their geleration experience is unbelievable, not know though as my ladies know shellac nails rock!!

Thank you for your feedback.

As I mentioned I only qualified last week but the tutor did say that my technique was very good and I take a lot of care when painting. I personally thought it looked bulb like as you can see in this other picture.

Many thanks

You have done a neat job, but unfortunately, the colour looks like it is sitting on top of the nail rather than like a polish.

EDIT ... She has done a neat job, but unfortunately, the colour looks like it is sitting on top of the nail rather than like a polish.

Last edited:
I don't think the op applied this, Geeg...

I use both Jessica Geleration and Shellac...... however I dont not use Geleration out of choice, the salon I work for p/t use this :(

I dont enjoy working with Jessica Geleration as I dont like the consistency, constant shrinkage problems (especially darker colours), we always have to use heated mitts to remove otherwise its hard work and it doesnt IMHO have the mirror shine finish that Shellac does!

Give me Shellac any day!! (which I use on my own client base) an absolute pleasure to work with and remove :)

Thanks guys.

This was applied by someone else. Many thanks

Latest posts

Back