Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just read through that long thread on here about removal. I'm really struggling with removal on my own nails. It took me an hour last night!! My home salon opens next month and I can't be spending an hour on removal. (I know it's takes longer on myself because I'm doing one at a time, but still...)

I think maybe I was putting too much remover on the pad and so I tried less last night and think that wasn't enough!! GAH! I'm gonna try the cucumber non-acetone remover this weekend and see if that's any better. It's so frustrating.

I find removal a nightmare too... I'm now using Nubar Artificial Nail remover and it works slightly better than the cucumber stuff I think xx

It's so frustrating, on my training it just came right off, no problems and the first couple of sets I did were ok too but it's getting more difficult. I might ring the lady I trained with and see if she can give me some advice.

Black with Electric Touch & mixed purple glitter fade only second appointment for a bad nail bitter! :)

My new colour of Royal Blue with dark blue glitter fade, this is proving a big hit already :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357937887.576278.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357937887.576278.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 143
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357937981.418194.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357937981.418194.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 152
I use acetone for removal (from Sally's) only thing that works for me.

Oooh my god!!! I use to use the nubar nail remover which worked a treat, ran out, got acetone from the wholesalers which for the past few clients has worked a treat until tonight. Just been to do a gelicure removal (another tech's work but she was fully booked so I did it) and chuff me it wasn't moving :( took nearly a full hour!! Proper baffled me :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

Are you sure it was gelicure? Also did she out step 2 over the whole nail - that makes it more difficult.

Do any of you having problems use heated mitts? I buff top coat, acetone soaked wipe on nail, wrap in foil, hand in mitt, 15mins, removed and just scrapes off! 😄 (Only one finger at a time)
I think it would take forever without the mitts tho I have to say!

Are you sure it was gelicure? Also did she out step 2 over the whole nail - that makes it more difficult.

Yeah I'm sure it was gelicure as I know of the lady that she normally goes to :) I think step 2 was used over the whole nail....we got there in the end but took an hour but a quick buff and polish afterwards and she seemed happy :)

I came home and took mine off in the same way to make sure everything I use is working properly and just a quick 10 min soak and it came right off which made me feel abit better haha :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

Do any of you having problems use heated mitts? I buff top coat, acetone soaked wipe on nail, wrap in foil, hand in mitt, 15mins, removed and just scrapes off! 😄 (Only one finger at a time)
I think it would take forever without the mitts tho I have to say!

I've used a heated wheat bag. Didn't help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Any of u fellow Gelicure geeks use konad stamping with ur Gelicure?

Any of u fellow Gelicure geeks use konad stamping with ur Gelicure?

Yeah i have konad on right now. I finish completely, wipe the tacky layer, stamp then re-topcoat and cure.

Yeah i have konad on right now. I finish completely, wipe the tacky layer, stamp then re-topcoat and cure.

Do u use the konad polishes to stamp with or Gelicure?

Polish. You can't stamp with gelicure. I have a couple of konad polishes. But some regular polishes work well, they just need to be thick enough.

Just out of curiosity... Is anybody attempting free hand nail art with gelicure? I attempted some over Christmas and had a huge success with it. I'm looking for some inspiration for everyday nails :) xx

Hi,

I have read about staining of the nail plate with some colours. I have experienced this with Bois De Rose and Sexy Red.

On calling Palms they advised me to use 2 layers of Base but this has not cured the problem.

So can I ask

Has anyone had any success in alleviating this problem? If so how?

And could fellow geeks please take the time to advise of colours they have experienced staining with.

When I go to the beauty show I would be really unimpressed to come away with yet more colours that stain.

Many thanks.

Karen

Just out of curiosity... Is anybody attempting free hand nail art with gelicure? I attempted some over Christmas and had a huge success with it. I'm looking for some inspiration for everyday nails :) xx

Yes i bought loads of brushes etc and love having a play. I subscribe to a few nail art channels on YouTube and Instagram - both ate great for inspiration.

Yes did lots over Xmas my swirly designs aren't to crash got tho hence looking into konad to widen my options!

Hi,

I have read about staining of the nail plate with some colours. I have experienced this with Bois De Rose and Sexy Red.

On calling Palms they advised me to use 2 layers of Base but this has not cured the problem.

So can I ask

And could fellow geeks please take the time to advise of colours they have experienced staining with.

When I go to the beauty show I would be really unimpressed to come away with yet more colours that stain.

Many thanks.

Karen
Yes I have found Bois De Rose &Enchanted stained the nail.It does come off if you buff the surface of the nail but I am not happy to do so.

I have called them &they suggested sending it back for them to check, which I think I will do.

They said they had not had any other complaints about staining so if anyone is having the same problems, please please contact them so they can sort this out as the product is a very good otherwise.

Last edited:
Hi,

So can I ask

Many thanks.

Karen

Hi Karen

I had this problem with Victorian teal last year and when I emailed palms they said know one else had told them of any colours staining which I know wasn't true because a few people had posted it on here. A tried it a couple more times on myself as did not want to stain a clients nails and i always ended up with stained blue nails. Palms said I could swap for another colour which I did.

I would of thought putting two coats of base would make it hard to remove!!

Latest posts

Back