Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to apply Gelicure as normal in either a similar or contrasting colour to the glitter. Dip a brush into the glitter and dab onto the cured sticky layer then topcoat. If you rub rather than dab you get a more foil effect. I have one bottle of topcoat that I only use for glitter work.

For larger glitters, I sprinkled onto uncured Electric Touch and then cured and topcoat x 2 to get a smooth finish.

Pop a wet wipe under the clients hand or foot before any glitter work to catch the bits and keep the area clean.

However, I have not used any of my loose glitters since buying the Light The Sky range. The effect is identical and much less messy.

Thank you very much for that! Very helpful!
When i had a sample nail done at Manchester last year, the nubar lady tapped her brush over un cured layer of Gelicure for a tiny amount of glitter. Did you do this too?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Yes, you can do it that way too. Just have a practice and see which method you prefer. I preferred the brush dipping and dabbing because it was less messy.

Thanks for that juicyLucy. Was also wondering if you offer a discount price if a client has both nails and feet Gelicure in same appointment?
I charge twenty for hands and the same for feet. Is this ok?
Was wondering if its worthwhile doing both for thirty five if in same appointment?

Gelicure ladies! I have a new lady coming tomorrow who has acrylics on says her nail lady sprays on the white?!
Anyways what's my best plan of attached to get this off n go in from step 1 or to buff down to a base thin layer and go in with colour?

Gelicure ladies! I have a new lady coming tomorrow who has acrylics on says her nail lady sprays on the white?!
Anyways what's my best plan of attached to get this off n go in from step 1 or to buff down to a base thin layer and go in with colour?

I seem to remember reading further up the thread that you buff the acrylic top and go straight to colour, forget step 1, step 2 and base. Hope i am right!

Hi everyone I have been using gelicure now for 3 months and I love it. The only thing is the last few applications I have done I have had a problem with it shrinking at the free edge after it has been cured and end up having to do more layers. Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice

Hello. I love it too. Are all your bulbs working in your lamp? Sometimes they need turning round or cleaning of bits of Gelicure that get stuck on them. If that still doesn't work maybe buy some new bulbs.
Also are you giving your bottles a really good shake up?
Hope that helps

Good morning
Just wondering if any of you ladies have had one to one Gelicure training at your home? And how much you paid? And what you did in it?
Thanks

My training was one to one as only I had booked on the course!

Have you done the Gelicure course Frankie? I was having some problems so got in touch with my trainer & she invited me back in for some one to one time to answer my queries & go over the technique etc. She didn't charge me for that. To be fair if you're having problems I think it's fair to have those answered etc without paying. It's in Palms interest as if applied correctly, clients come back & they sell more!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

No i haven't done the course but seem to be trouble free at the minute. Its a fair way to travel on the train and if i don't need the course i won't bother for now.
I have a nubar lady coming to my home next week which i am very excited about! Will be very helpful to see everything in person making buying online easier.
Just need to get more clients having Gelicure!

Do you not need to do the course to buy the product?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

As long as you hold a Manicure and Pedicure certificate. I want to do the course anyway though.

Hi ladies does anyone have pics of these colours on nails:
Blue Hydrangea
Smokey
Pink Lily
Also anyone got any of the new colours yet?

I do have samples of smokey and blue one too. But my phone won't allow me to upload photos. Have you got an email address?

managed to upload off my camera onto the laptop. smokey is rather hard to show on a photo as it almost looks black on here. one of the photos shows it better than the other and the same with the blue one. hope these help and sorry i dont have pink lily x x x

Attachments

• SAM_3294.jpg
    SAM_3294.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 154
  • SAM_3289.jpg
    SAM_3289.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 146
managed to upload off my camera onto the laptop. smokey is rather hard to show on a photo as it almost looks black on here. one of the photos shows it better than the other and the same with the blue one. hope these help and sorry i dont have pink lily x x x

Many thanks :)

This is Smokey. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331927164.118142.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331927164.118142.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 163
I'm not happy with gelicure - got a demo @pb and cannot get it off! Gelish & Shellac were a breeze...but gelicure!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhh.:Scared:

I use Gelicure and Gelish and find them both the same to get off. I have removed Shellac and it was easier but then I don't think it's as long lasting and doesn't make nails as strong.

Latest posts

Back