Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you use this to cure your Gelicure? As time is much quicker I'm thinking I only need one of these though as will be cited by time I do next hand?

Yes, I use it for Gelicure. You only need one lamp. I only have two for back-up purposes and one sits in a cupboard! Buying the second lamp was a real extravagance and over-kill on my part. Once you use an LED you will never want to go back to UV.

Yes, I use it for Gelicure. You only need one lamp. I only have two for back-up purposes and one sits in a cupboard! Buying the second lamp was a real extravagance and over-kill on my part. Once you use an LED you will never want to go back to UV.

After weight up pros and cons and seeing how much the lamp is u mention I can't justify that right now as my business is only a year old, looks like il have to replace my bulbs and maybe time how much I use them and try work out when to replace before people start having issues! :/

I was wondering if someone could help me? I'm trying to find a hot pink colour. I bought "hot pink" and it isn't the shade I wanted, it's more day glo.

Could someone post a picture of A La Mode and Flirt on actual fingers so I can see the shade? I find the pictues on the website inaccurate. TIA!

I was wondering if someone could help me? I'm trying to find a hot pink colour. I bought "hot pink" and it isn't the shade I wanted, it's more day glo.

Could someone post a picture of A La Mode and Flirt on actual fingers so I can see the shade? I find the pictues on the website inaccurate. TIA!

The main set in a la mode and the other is a la mode with a glitter fade but is a closer pic of the pink! Hope this helps. I don't have flirt :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326050190.462801.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326050190.462801.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 260
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326050248.416069.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326050248.416069.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 314
Thank you! I like that colour a lot. Would you say it is quite "purply" when on?

I really wish they would do some more colours. I am dying for some lovely bright colours for the summer. I had turqouise bio sculpture on for my holidays last year and would love something like that from Gelicure!

Thank you! I like that colour a lot. Would you say it is quite "purply" when on?

No very pink with a slight shimmer it's very bright my most popular along with Vital x

Thanks will treat myself when the offer starts again.

How is everyone finding removal? I'm using acetone which is much better but doesn't lift it off where step 2 has been applied, I'm scraping/buffing that part to get it off. v

Thanks will treat myself when the offer starts again.

How is everyone finding removal? I'm using acetone which is much better but doesn't lift it off where step 2 has been applied, I'm scraping/buffing that part to get it off. v

I'm not a "pink" person but Rugosa Rose is popular too, I would call it dusky pink matt. My faves r Vital, Plum Delight and Vampire Red. Everyone loves those 3. X

I love vampire red - I wear this myself!

My removal times are improving although it took me 2.5 hrs to do 2 removals and re applications.

I am still finding that where I put step 2 on the free edge acetone doesn't lift it. The rest of the colour has lifted off but the free edge needs scraping. I have practised on my own nails with different lengths of times (even 30 mins) and it is the same. I followed the steps exactly as advised by Lucy....

I find exactly the same with removal, did 2 tonight both removal and took 2 hours which was good but one had Geleration on which came off much easier. Also one had electric touch put on and the other pink lily so I find I do those paler colours quicker. I've removed Shellac before and it was easier the same as Geleration.

Hiya, I haven't' read back through all of the posts (it's a long thread!) so excuse me if I'm repeating anyone but when removing gelicure I file the free edge slightly to removed the 'cap' before wrapping (i use the Nubar artificial nail remover) I then place the clients hands in a heated wheat & lavender bag (the ones you get to help with achey muscles etc). The size and shape is perfect as you can lay their hands on it and then fold the ends over their hands - This has really helps to speed up my removal time and I think the combo of filing off the gel 'cap' at the free edge and the heated bag for me, has meant a lot less scraping at the free edge.

To save time further, I also work in this order: file edge, buff surface, wrap nail - one by one on first hand then into the heated wheat & lavender bag, repeat on second hand and by the time you've finished the second hand the first hand is ready to be removed, by the time you've removed the gelicure from the first hand/ shaped nail etc, the gelicure on the second hand is ready to be removed. This way there is no waiting around :)

I find all gel and gel polish product tends to be more stubborn to remove from the free edge whether their is a primer applied or not, I believe this is because the free edge is the driest part of the nail.

Hiya, I haven't' read back through all of the posts (it's a long thread!) so excuse me if I'm repeating anyone but when removing gelicure I file the free edge slightly to removed the 'cap' before wrapping (i use the Nubar artificial nail remover) I then place the clients hands in a heated wheat & lavender bag (the ones you get to help with achey muscles etc). The size and shape is perfect as you can lay their hands on it and then fold the ends over their hands - This has really helps to speed up my removal time and I think the combo of filing off the gel 'cap' at the free edge and the heated bag for me, has meant a lot less scraping at the free edge.

To save time further, I also work in this order: file edge, buff surface, wrap nail - one by one on first hand then into the heated wheat & lavender bag, repeat on second hand and by the time you've finished the second hand the first hand is ready to be removed, by the time you've removed the gelicure from the first hand/ shaped nail etc, the gelicure on the second hand is ready to be removed. This way there is no waiting around :)

I find all gel and gel polish product tends to be more stubborn to remove from the free edge whether their is a primer applied or not, I believe this is because the free edge is the driest part of the nail.

josheardown- "I believe this is because the free edge is the driest part of the nail."

The free edge doesn't get any heat from the nail bed which is often why it takes longer at the free edge to come away, but an extra swipe of the file at the free edge when buffing the surface will help a lot .x

Pooh Bear, yes you're right, the free edge does not get the heat from the nail bed. But it similarly doesn't get the moisture from the nail bed either – hence it is drier? This is what I was taught at least and seemed logical to me.

If this is wrong though, I best revise my post - don't want be stating something that’s a pile of poo!:o

Last edited:

Could I use my heated mitts?

Don't see why not - give it a go! :) I heard of peeps using hot water bottles and blasting with hair dryers!

I use my hot water bottle. Still need to purchase heated mittens and boots. Not sure where to get them from that don't cost the earth

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Had a lady I did first set of Gelicure on last Tuesday and she's called to say one has completely lifted on one hand and one starting to on another on other hand but rest fine....... She doesnt wash hands after moisturising body could it be that or is it something iv done??? To charge or not??? Opinions please?x

Hello. Has she been using solar oil or cuticle oil twice a day? Does she wear gloves whilst washing up or whilst doing house hold cleaning?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back