Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello. Has she been using solar oil or cuticle oil twice a day? Does she wear gloves whilst washing up or whilst doing house hold cleaning?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Yes to gloves cleaning n has a dishwasher! I sold her solar oil n she uses that every night?

Maybe there was already oil on the nail plate before application? Was the free edge properly capped?
Has your client helped the lifting along with picking?

Could you maybe have got some on the cuticle? I did my own in a rush Saturday & 2 had lifted the next morning as I think I got some on the cuticle.

It is hard trying to get close enough without touching it!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Prep was as usual and I'm quite meticulous with my prep and free edge defiantly caped and she has a glitter fade on plus two top coats all of which were called.
Cuticle..... No again I'm very meticulous with it even on myself.
I have just done a days build cleaning with product m not gloves as was going to re-do my nails as two wks today and they are still perfect so I don't get why just two have lifted off on her and no others? :(

Here's the lady with the peeled cafe au lait. 4 have peeled now! Only did them on sat. Pic just to show u the colour.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326749872.420075.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326749872.420075.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 253
Here's the lady with the peeled cafe au lait. 4 have peeled now! Only did them on sat. Pic just to show u the colour.

Same length nails I did do u think that has anything to do with it? I'm racking my brains all I can think is product? She's coming first thing tomorrow to have the whole lot re-done doesn't want a nail fix so am going the charge as not had this before???
Just when u think u have things nailed something happens to dapper ur spirits! *humph* 😔

They look really good. Could be down to the length but where is it peeling from?

I think it's the length as its harder to cap them. She didn't say where they're peeling from but I'm assuming from the free edge. My friend had the same colour on sat and hers r fine so can't be the product. She's got long really strong nails though so I reckon it's different nails take it differently. Hers don't chip after 3 or 4 weeks. X

If I get peeling its usually on the side rather than the free edge. I put that down to how I wear the product as bio sculptures used to do the same

Can I ask how long it has taken to master the application?

If I get peeling its usually on the side rather than the free edge. I put that down to how I wear the product as bio sculptures used to do the same

Can I ask how long it has taken to master the application?

Not sure that I have if my last 2 clients are anything to go by!!

You seem to be doing better than me! How long have you been doing nails?

You seem to be doing better than me! How long have you been doing nails?

I used to do L&P, I was CND trained when I lived in Australia, but that was about 7 years ago. I did my own but didn't really like doing L&P on other people, it takes too long! I did manis and pedis mobile for a while when my middle child was a baby but then didn't do nails for a few years. My Mum heard about Gelicure and wanted hers done so I decided to start doing it in the evenings (I work in an office during the day). I started at the end of August and have about 20 clients now I think. I LOVE doing it, wish I could do 2 full days and go to proper work only 3 days. Maybe in the future I could. Not sure if I could fill 2 whole days each week with clients though. I've set up a table in my little conservatory and have music and candles and some pretty lights, it's not a salon but it's comfortable and people keep rebooking so it must be ok!

I worry a lot about chipping. So far out of all the clients I have 1 who chipped within a week every time, she hasn't been for a while as it clearly wasn't working for her but she is coming to try it once more on Thursday. I have my Mum who always chips, but she's got really short, brittle nails and is always doing gardening/putting the awning up on her caravan etc. Mine chip sometimes but then I am a picker and I never leave it on long enough without changing it to see how long it actually lasts. I have one client who doesn't usually chip but went swimming last week and one peeled, not sure if it was the chlorine? She'd had them 1 week at the time. Then I've got my new lady who's had 4 peel off in 1 day! Fixing hers tonight.

What about you?:D

I'm still a novice. Did my training about 8 weeks ago - had never done nails before just had my own done with bio sculpture.

I've been doing my mother & sister in law's to practice. My MIL is a nightmare and really picks at them but then says its me that isn't doing it right even though my SIL's are fine for 2 weeks....

I wish I could practice on more people but my work takes up a lot of my time.

The thing I wanted to improve is getting closer to the cuticle without getting it on the cuticle!

It is hard, I'm getting better at edges now I've been back doing it for a while, but it's just practice and I find some colours easier to apply than others and also some people's nails easier to paint thAn others!

Just a thought ladies, it could be if their natural nail is oily, I was advised to use prep 2 over the whole of the nail if they had a oily nail plate or problem nails, you could give this a try. May take a little longer to soak off though.:D

Hiya I started Gelicure in the summer, did a workshop with my suppliers in July and added it to my treatment list, alongside Bio Sculpture. I have to say, I think I would struggle with it more if I wasn't initally gel trained and practiced, as although Gelicure is like a polish, I find my gel background has really helped me get to grips with it.

I'm stickler for close application, I love perfect lines and geting as close as poss! To apply and get it close the cuticles, I wipe as much of the colour gelicure off my brush as poss and I then do three stroked up the nail, I also then push my brush downwards towards the cuticle to form a neat cuticle line. I sometimes eve turn my brush sideways to get a nice neat sidewall line. If there's any imperfections - I use a metal cuticle stick to neaten

Bumping this up Gelicure geeks.

I need help with rockstar Gelicure application please.

What methods work well for you all?

Just received my glitter and want to get practicing!

Hello Frankie

What help do you need with rockstar and Ill do my best to assist.

tigi
xx

Hello tigi
Just wondering what the best application method is when using Gelicure and loose glitter for full rockstar and also French tips? And also for just adding a sprinkling of glitter not totally covering the nail?

Thanks

Could anyone help with Gelicure rock star application of glitter?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back