Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gals. One of my nails chipped so i just Reid the one nail and tried the trick of wiping sticky layer off basecoat and it definitely helped. Didn't shrink back at all. Also, the blueberry seemed to go on more evenly. Less streaky!!

So when you say wipe off the sticky basecoat layer do you mean just after you have cured it? Sorry I'm being a bit thick. I did try this for when i applied sweet dreams but the colour disappeared.

Apply a thin coat of base
Cure
Slightly dampen a lint free wipe with nail cleanse
and Gently wipe the nail.

Gald to hear it helps with streaking will have to have a play now. :D

yeah I mean I just did 2 nails so it'll be interesting to see if it makes a real difference when I do a full set next.

Cure

Thank you, will try again tonight.

I tried wiping the base coat after curing when using pink lily last night as I always get streaking & shrinkage with this...... Worked a treat! 😊
Had some new colours arrive this morning all look lush in the bottle now to decide which to have myself! Sexy red, smokey or coca shimmer! Hum decisions decisions!

I tried wiping the base coat after curing when using pink lily last night as I always get streaking & shrinkage with this...... Worked a treat! ��
Had some new colours arrive this morning all look lush in the bottle now to decide which to have myself! Sexy red, smokey or coca shimmer! Hum decisions decisions!
Ooh that's good to know, pink lilly is one i found very streaky too.

I have sexy red, it's so lovely!

Well I had a play and this method worked well. Sped up my treatment time also. AWin Win I think!

For those of you who have Toasted Marshmallow:

Has anyone tried layering this colour? Have you come up with any new colours that you could share?

Cure

I tried it, and it worked! Yay ! Thank you so much, i can stress less now.

I haven't gone through the whole of this thread so I apologise if it's been asked before but....are you able to add 3D bows and suchlike to Gelicure nails??? If so how??? I know how to add rhinestones but can't see how I'd get the bows/flowers to stick in place :/ am I being abit dim??? Haha

Victorian Teal set on a client yesterday....my fave colour :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349511691.177514.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349511691.177514.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 164
Lovely. I love that colour too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I did these nails above 2 days ago one has already chipped!! Did correct prep capped edges everything. Gelicure is just not lasting. I'm thinking about changing now. Any one else having problems? X

Hi, I am quite new to Gelicure also, and i wondered if there is a cheaper product to do removals, can you just use acetone? also does anyone know of anywhere else you can get Gelicure from apart from Palms.

Hi,

I am also having a problem with chipping, or finding that after a few days the product just peels off. I have never had this before (in the past it has always been difficult to take off!) I know I am not doing anything different (shaking bottles, applying base really thinly) so I am puzzled. I have lots of customers who love Gelicure but it is putting me off so I've just ordered some Entity colour gel to have a play around with as they have had a great offer on.

I think I am going to try my new Gelicure base coat on my next set to see if there is a problem with my current base coat?

Failing that I will give Palms a ring to see what they suggest:(

Hi, I am quite new to Gelicure also, and i wondered if there is a cheaper product to do removals, can you just use acetone? also does anyone know of anywhere else you can get Gelicure from apart from Palms.
The remover is fab, I would stick with it. I've never tried using pure acetone but the instructions that came with the kit say not to use it as it hardens the product and can make it more difficult to remove. I don't know if this is true because as I said I've not tried it.

Palms Extra is the only licensed place to buy it as far as I am aware. Ellisons have some Nubar stuff but they don't have Gelicure.

Hi,

I am also having a problem with chipping, or finding that after a few days the product just peels off. I have never had this before (in the past it has always been difficult to take off!) I know I am not doing anything different (shaking bottles, applying base really thinly) so I am puzzled. I have lots of customers who love Gelicure but it is putting me off so I've just ordered some Entity colour gel to have a play around with as they have had a great offer on.

I think I am going to try my new Gelicure base coat on my next set to see if there is a problem with my current base coat?

Failing that I will give Palms a ring to see what they suggest:(
I found mine was chipping on me before too but this last time I spent longer making sure I did really really thorough prep before reapplying. It's been on nearly 2 weeks now and no chips, apart from the one finger I used as a tool - so my own fault. I've never had it peel before though.

Maybe it is my prep on myself then....My clients haven't mentioned it but I find I can't wear it on myself anymore!! I don't seem to have any problems with Shellac on myself though? Very confusing!!!

I have used normal acetone to remove Gelicure and it is possible but much easier with their remover!

I did these nails above 2 days ago one has already chipped!! Did correct prep capped edges everything. Gelicure is just not lasting. I'm thinking about changing now. Any one else having problems? X

Have you checked your lamp?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back