Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a play today at some nail art :) Ignore my crappy butterfly, I bought some acrylic paints and I'm trying to teach myself one stroke (and not doing very well! hahah)

2012-10-28161224.jpg

2012-10-28161231.jpg
loving the dotted ones,gonna try this myself with blue raspberry and victorian teal. also love the dotted french and the white with multi dots....cant wait to try these x

Does anyone find the black to be really watery? it takes about 4coats to even get it really black? then in some places its patchy light and dark x

Does anyone find the black to be really watery? it takes about 4coats to even get it really black? then in some places its patchy light and dark x

Give it a bloody good shake like your hands about to fly off! Sorts mine out a treat!!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Ok thanks lol il shake it harder :)

I agree with the shaking. Same for Victorian teal too.

I have the same problem with vampire red and cocoa shimmer x

I have the same problem with a few colours, maybe I'm not shaking enough! I did 3 coats of Enchanted on my friend the other night and it looked like it could still do with another (she has REALLY white free edges on about 3 or 4 nails, and they show through so much).

When I did my training the tutor told us that once the client has chosen the colour they would like at the start of the appointment to take the colour of choice and turn the bottle upside down while stage 1,2 and base are done then just before you come to use the colour give it a really big shake. This gets all the pigment from the bottom and mixes it up and this should be ok for the rest of the day....I do it all the time and it works for me :)

Good tip thanks. I'll give it a go! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

When I did my training the tutor told us that once the client has chosen the colour they would like at the start of the appointment to take the colour of choice and turn the bottle upside down while stage 1,2 and base are done then just before you come to use the colour give it a really big shake. This gets all the pigment from the bottom and mixes it up and this should be ok for the rest of the day....I do it all the time and it works for me :)

Excellent tip, will give that a go. X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352540462.746776.jpg. Anyone know how you get this effect with gelicure ? Love this design by Kirsty meakin! X

think she may of used a dotting tool, done a large dot and then used the dotting tool or brush to drag the colour down the nail and into shape.

I did these today, some call them oil slick but I like to call them "bubble pop effect" :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352558802.647458.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352558802.647458.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 110
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352558844.085880.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352558844.085880.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 112
I did the oil look ones on my Gelish design course but have totally forgot how to do them!!! Could you enlighten me please?! :-D XX

I did the oil look ones on my Gelish design course but have totally forgot how to do them!!! Could you enlighten me please?! :-D XX

I copied this of another geek on here, sorry forgot the name x she has done it with CND but can be done with Gelicure as well :)
Have fun

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352559173.202636.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352559173.202636.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 83
I copied this of another geek on here, sorry forgot the name x she has done it with CND but can be done with Gelicure as well :)
Have fun

Thanks so much for this!

greg of youngs nails has a video on u tube of the oil slick look but i think he calls it the snake skin look, he does a bit of a variation of the pictues kindly posted.

How long are you getting you gelicure to stay on clients. Some of mine go 2-3 weeks without a problem at all and some chip them within days!! Tearing my hair out abit if I'm honest :(

edit: ok two ladies i did on friday have contacted me today. one of them spent the weekend decorating the house without a problem then while wrapping a present last night chipped the nail finding the end of the sellotape...this i can understand but the other lady said the gel on one of the nails 'just sort of flicked off'.

Last edited:
does anyone use another brand of gel along side gelicure? im thinking of doing gelish aswell just so i can get some different colours that gelicure dont do. would i still be able to use my gelicure base coat/topcoat with gelish colours? x

It's not recommended to mix systems, so personally I wouldn't.

Latest posts

Back