Gelish and removal difficulty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One finger at a time is the normal way lol ;)
After I have wrapped 5 that hand goes in the mitts...then by time the other is done then the first comes out.

Surely no one thought you filed the topcoat on all 10 then went back and wrapped, then when all 10 were wrapped they went in the mitts? That would be far too much wasted time.

I have a feeling some are doing exactly that izzidoll, that's why its all taking so long and people are having problems.

I have been doing it exactly that way but still have a problem with the big toe? :lol:

Just another one to watch out for I can't say 100% it's connected, but, those ladies of mine that are not so good with you using the advised cuticle oil are hard work when removing the Gelish. And yes those that manage to go longer than the advised 3 weeks are also a bit tougher for removal. Cx

tougher

Use your nail lamp. I was having difficulty removing the night before my Gelish course, It was late and I was cold, the Gelish wouldn't come off. In my course the educator said to wrap in magi-wraps using only a little remover and place both hands in the lamp for the heat. So I now use my lamp for removal, only I use normal household foil pre-cut and lint free wipes cut into quarters. But the lamp does work.:biggrin:xx

I have never considered myself to have a problem removing Gelish with the wrap method and no heat...

However after reading this post I have re gelished my nails today and used my heated mitts and wow! Removal is so fast!

I am very impressed - Thank you so much to the guide who posted this tip. Very obvious when you think about it but it just never ocurred to me!

Use your nail lamp. I was having difficulty removing the night before my Gelish course, It was late and I was cold, the Gelish wouldn't come off. In my course the educator said to wrap in magi-wraps using only a little remover and place both hands in the lamp for the heat. So I now use my lamp for removal, only I use normal household foil pre-cut and lint free wipes cut into quarters. But the lamp does work.:biggrin:xx

I would possibly consider putting my Minx Lamp on over the table where the hands are placed, but I would be worried about my clients putting their hands into a box generating heat when they have a flammable substance on their fingers. Also surely the heat generated by a light would be reflected by the foil???

Interesting to know if you would be covered by insurance, presumably lamp manufacturers do not recommend this practice:?:

I would possibly consider putting my Minx Lamp on over the table where the hands are placed, but I would be worried about my clients putting their hands into a box generating heat when they have a flammable substance on their fingers. Also surely the heat generated by a light would be reflected by the foil???

Interesting to know if you would be covered by insurance, presumably lamp manufacturers do not recommend this practice:?:

I would be concerned by the reaction from the foil also. I don't think I would even consider using my minx lamp, surely this is too hot?

With the mitts you can control the temp and you have the flannel mitt things to add further protection x

I don't think I would even consider using my minx lamp, surely this is too hot?

You're probably right, although I have the black one and the heat is controllable, so it could provide a little warmth. However, I don't think I would bother, as I said before, personally I don't seem to have a problem with removal.

I just worry that people putting flamable liquids (even wrapped in foil) into an electrical device like a lamp is an accident waiting to happen. Heated mitts are obvioulsy different and are designed for a similar job.

One finger at a time is the normal way lol ;)
After I have wrapped 5 that hand goes in the mitts...then by time the other is done then the first comes out.

Surely no one thought you filed the topcoat on all 10 then went back and wrapped, then when all 10 were wrapped they went in the mitts? That would be far too much wasted time.

Yes that is me. I must be really stupid then

xx

Yes that is me. I must be really stupid then

xx

Your not stupid at all honey, if we all knew all the tricks of the trade we would not be having this conversation :) x This is an example of what Salon Geek is all about xxx

Thanks gorgeous tips, but it was pretty stupid of me not to think of doing it that way. Thinking about it, it is so obvious to do it one nail at a time, I dont know why I wasnt doing it like that. I am going to blame my age because I am old!

xx

In the class it seemed like a really good idea, but now I am not so sure. xx

Oh I luv this site, so much valuable info, I am also buffing all 10 before I start to wrap, dahh can't wait to remove mine now using the sensible why on earth didnt i think of doing it that way method lol...xx

I used to do all 10, but now do each nail at a time. Still with most people, the 1st one isn't ready so I do use the heated mitts (just warm them up on the 1st setting then unplug them) for a couple of mins. It still varies by the person for me....I have some people I can remove and re-apply in 50 mins and some take 1.5 hours when I'm doing exactly the same!!

Hi ladies,
Just wanted to say thank you for the tips on here! I was removing Gelish the '10 fingers at a time' method but today did one at a time and it saved me heaps of time :)))

hmmm my nail technician was discussing this today. we find the non pearlised colours in gellux, yes different brand but same problem, come off alot easier. the pearlised colour takes alot more work and certainly is not something we want to be spending alot of time doing for £10! also we have a smart bowl that is heated from underneath and each finger is in a separate bowl of acetone but again, is this healthy?

we were thinking to swap to shellac as it seems to come off alot easier but does that mean the product is not as strong and long lasting?

not sure how much i am behind all of this gel polish business now which is a shame being as i have bought everything for the technician!!!

Latest posts

Back