Gelish Base - 2 minutes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I was just wondering if any of you cure your gelish base coat for 2 minutes instead of 1?

I am currently using a 36w lamp and cure the base for 1 minute and all other coats for 2 minutes but its driving me nuts keep getting the stopwatch out on my phone when doing the base coat!!!

Xx

Hi jenny, yes I do for exactly that reason, it was driving me totally round the bend :mad:
I know it's not best practice but untill I can afford the led lamp it will have to be.
I havent experienced any problems but I may just have been lucky!
Xx claire :-D

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

If your UV lamp hasn't got a timer then why not just buy a cooking timer, little digital one, that how we used to time our gels years ago when they didn't have any timers on them.
Just a thought xxx

Mine has a two minute timer, I've been meaning to pick up a digital timer but just haven't got round to it yet...I was sitting looking at the treatments I have booked in for this week, it's mostly Gelish so it got me thinking about what other Gelish users (who don't have the led lamp) all do :)

Xx

My uv lamp has a digital timer. But i used a little winding timer thing before, cost about £3. Made a horrid noise when it was finished though and got on my nerves quite quickly :green: xxxx

You can get timers that count up instead of down that way there is no horrible bleeping to listen to.

I do find if I do 2 mins cure on the base coat it isn't as easy to soak off as 1 min base cure

I use a sandglass, this is the best for me!!!
No noise, no setting times, no battery.
It might be difficult to find in shops nowadays, but Ebay has plenty :)

My uv lamp bizarrely only has a 3 minute timer, so I use the timer on the phone for all of it, doesn't really bother me. X. :)

You should really only be curing your base for 1 minute.
To do it for longer MAY lead to over curing, which can result in chipping, or removals taking a little longer.
We are definitely not talking life or death here lol, but it is always best to stick to the manufacturers instructions to get the very best results from your product.

Latest posts

Back