Gelish came clean off in hot tub?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R D Beauty

Reaction score
Hi I've just started doing Gelish and had great results so far! My sister in law had french last time it lasted two weeks she admitted she picked it off in the end! (she also says shellac only lasts 3 days on her.

She came yesterday to have it done for a girly weekend away she had Diva.
She has just been on twitter saying one nail "just fell off" I asked her what she had done and she just said nothing just been in the hot tub. Does anyone know this would happen?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330803228.203166.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1330803228.203166.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 670
i tell clients to avoid water and heat in the first 24 hours if possible as whilst its cured its not fully set.

Yes thought this could be the reason I did tell her in aftercare advice to avoid this just find it strange that it has only happened to one nail. :/

I agree with MissLB, the hot water is definately a no no.

Yes this happened to mine too, it was a few days after I applied, but water was hot and it just peeled :(

dont know why its just one finger mayb the nail is weaker then others or mayb she uses that finger quite dominantly to her others.

The one nail could of had a tiny bit of greece or moisture on it before u applied the base coat. even from her touching her nail after u dehydrate it or touching her hair. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yeah she did touch her face as I had to re prep her thumb, she got foundation on it! So it is possible. Must just be a combination of the two. Thanks geeks xx

My friend said that at the salon he works at they have a secret technique to remove gel toe nail. Soak in you water as in pedicure. He said works on the little toes and maybe the big toes.

Hi I've just started doing Gelish and had great results so far! My sister in law had french last time it lasted two weeks she admitted she picked it off in the end! (she also says shellac only lasts 3 days on her.

She came yesterday to have it done for a girly weekend away she had Diva.
She has just been on twitter saying one nail "just fell off" I asked her what she had done and she just said nothing just been in the hot tub. Does anyone know this would happen?
going by your photo , on all nails the color looks slightly patchy toword the free edge , this could be because you applyed to thin or it could be that she didnt have her hand correctly inside the light ?

i have had this with my Gelish LED light and black cherry berry ( another dark color) the light is small but onece we realised what the problem is we wear fine ,

maybe your using a tube bulb type light ? if so maybe her hand was nopt far enough or to far back ?

the nail also looks to have *some* shine to it , now this could be from lotion after hot tub? or cuticle oil? or natral oils if it was a while after it came off that she took the photo ? did you do a dry prep on her ? no soak or anything ?

but this and that it came off in one bit suggests that the nail was not sufficiently dehydrated before application ,

one last thing , do you dry brush ? i dont but if you do around the side walls and eponychium area it will help stop that color bleeding :)

Last edited:
My friend said that at the salon he works at they have a secret technique to remove gel toe nail. Soak in you water as in pedicure. He said works on the little toes and maybe the big toes.
this sounds like they dont apply it properly if thats all it takes to remove , and if it only dose little toes what is the point ? you would still need to remove the others the normal way ,

Latest posts

Back