Gelish french? What can I amend smile line with before curing? Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbissell86

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have got my first client in tommorow for a french gelish. so far I have just done colours. I have sheek white and ambience is that ok? My question is:

do I prep, cleanse , ph bond, foundation, then smile line?

do I have to get it right first time or how can I tidy up my smile line? Does anyone have any sneaky tips they can help me with? I have to admit Im really worried about my french as im only just perfecting my colour application, luckily its on a friend.

all french help will be amazing, im fine with polish but im used to tidying the smile line with a brush the leighton denny way xxx

I did my first lot of gelish French style roughly a month ago now I did the usual prep, cleanse, ph bond, foundation, dry brush then smile line, cure, smile line, then pink cure then top it off.
I just made sure to be thin in my application of all layers.
It was my first set (have been doing mostly colours myself)
Will attach pics of just finished and the one I took just before I soaked off 3weeks later! Still intact and pretty much perfect!
I imagine though it would depend on how bright they wanted the white as to whether you applied under or over the pink?? And also if you needed more coverage over the entire nail you could always pink cure smile line cure smile line cure then pink again?
That is just my thoughts though! Maybe someone will have a different opinion!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325174988.979284.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325174988.979284.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 832
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325175017.794681.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325175017.794681.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,474
Sorry just read back and realised I hadn't actually made it clear that I had answered your question!
I didn't need to amend smile lines as I was sure to not overload the brush and keep it thin you can always add more.....but hard to take it away! Hth!

I'd think its the same as Bio Sculpture... With that I apply the gel to the said area & then using a Nº 4 brush (not too moist or too dry) sweep across the nail to create a perfect smile line.... Voila :)

I don't use Gelish, I use Shellac, but I think the principle is the same; I apply base coat and cure, apply and cure a sheer color, then apply my white. If I need to perfect the shape/smile line, I do so by swiping with a dry gel brush before curing-this doesn't affect or remove the previous layers as they have been cured- and continue with the rest of the process.
Maybe another Gelish user can confirm this process works just as well as it does with Shellac- I don't see why it wouldn't xx

Thank you so much for both those posts,

great to see gelish lasting so long on your client.

and if i need to i will try using a dry brush if i make a mistake but hopefully ill have a steady hand.

thankyou both of you for replying xxx

I use a nail art or paint brush dipped in the gel cleanser (inbetween dry and damp) to tidy my smile lines if I boob up. I do the white on top of the cured foundation/base coat, then apply pink/top coat over the top.

Love gelish.. and doing a french is so much better than a normal polish lol.. my pet hate..

basically, i prep, foundation - cure, dry brush, then simply sheer or any other colour you desire.. cure, then if using simply sheer i dry brush the nail tip where i want to put my white smile, this helps the white not to bleed into the sheer, its only seems to be the sheer..

then 2 thin layers of the white.. i usually do my smile from north to south for a straighter smile or if a smily smile is required a dotting tool or a fine nail art brush to draw my smile then pull the gelish down in a thin layer with the gelish brush.. only because i am a cack handed annie lol.

you will find it so much easier to tidy to be honest as it is a gel/polish as opposed to a polish which dries. I have never needed to put anything else on my brush, just a dry brush to tidy if needed,

Sarah xx

This may be a silly question but can I just use foundation, white and ambience? do i need a different colour in between?

Yes you can .. just remember to dry brush the foundation first before putting the white or ambience on.. if you have any nail art wheels or tips have a practice with a ferw different ways and colours.. you will soon get the bug lol.. ambience is nice over the top as it has that lovely shimmer.. nice for bridal nails.. xxx

I did my first lot of gelish French style roughly a month ago now I did the usual prep, cleanse, ph bond, foundation, dry brush then smile line, cure, smile line, then pink cure then top it off.
I just made sure to be thin in my application of all layers.
It was my first set (have been doing mostly colours myself)
Will attach pics of just finished and the one I took just before I soaked off 3weeks later! Still intact and pretty much perfect!
I imagine though it would depend on how bright they wanted the white as to whether you applied under or over the pink?? And also if you needed more coverage over the entire nail you could always pink cure smile line cure smile line cure then pink again?
That is just my thoughts though! Maybe someone will have a different opinion!

Lovely pink in these photos. Which pink did you use? Also did you paint two coats of sheek White

I have just started doing gelish and am
Excited to try French now that my nails have grown a bit longer. I have a question though, after I apply the foundation and cure I have read I should dry brush. What exactly does that mean? Also, am I able to touch up my white tips using alcohol or nail polish remover to perfect the line? Tha k you in advance!

I've not read all the replies but i have used lots of different types of brushes and my favorite brush is the Harmony no.7 square gel brush for cleaning up the smile lines for Gelish.

I also use the Harmony no.6 round brush for the dry brushing. They are really sparkly too! :)

Lovely pink in these photos. Which pink did you use? Also did you paint two coats of sheek White

Only just re-read this thread again! Sorry for realllly late reply,

In the photo is little princess and yes I did do 2 coats of sheek white.

I've not read all the replies but i have used lots of different types of brushes and my favorite brush is the Harmony no.7 square gel brush for cleaning up the smile lines for Gelish.

I also use the Harmony no.6 round brush for the dry brushing. They are really sparkly too! :)

I use those brushes the same as you x

A French brush slightly damp with alcohol. (almost dry)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back