Gelish Glitter Fade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam81

Reaction score
Hey peeps, last night I had a Gelish client in, she pulled out of her bag a lovely picture of a glitter fade effect that she liked the look of. I was honest and said I'd never done it before but I'd have a try. I'd watched a Fingernail Fixer video where she made a paste with the glitter so I thought I'd try something similar using Structure gel. I struggled to get the glitter layer on thin enough and I'm worried they'll chip :confused:. Is there a better way of doing it or does anyone have any tips for me? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hey peeps, last night I had a Gelish client in, she pulled out of her bag a lovely picture of a glitter fade effect that she liked the look of. I was honest and said I'd never done it before but I'd have a try. I'd watched a Fingernail Fixer video where she made a paste with the glitter so I thought I'd try something similar using Structure gel. I struggled to get the glitter layer on thin enough and I'm worried they'll chip :confused:. Is there a better way of doing it or does anyone have any tips for me? Thanks :)

Look at fingernail fixers V3 video on rock star ... She shows a colour fade there ... At CND we love to share our methods and nail art tricks . There are many more on CND. Com.

I mix the glitter with a blob or 2 of the top coat, dab it accross the tip then use a dry brush to drag it up the nail to a fade effect. Same as in the Fingernail Fixer vid. Cure, then apply top coat as normal to keep it smooth. I did one hand on myself without the last top coat and it's chipped something terrible! :p

Thank you! I had another go this morning on myself, after watching the video you suggested Geeg, it was slightly different to the effect I was going for but it gave me a different idea and it went much better! Lolla, I put two layers of top it off on mine, can't stand it if it's not perfectly smooth as I pick like a nutter if I can feel the tiniest bit lol! In any case I had a message from my client this morning saying how much she loves them so they can't be too bad :)

Latest posts

Back