Gelish LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shellac cures with uv. (cnd lamp or brisa) Gelish can be cured with led or uv. Geleration can be uv or led cured.

It's all a little easier if we follow what we are properly taught and follow manufacturer instruction.

eBay is a great place. But I will not use it for professional products/equipment to be used on my clients. No thankyou.

:hug:

A Gelish LED lamp WILL CURE Shellac (and I have a list of more, just ask me and I will let you know). LED is LED, same as UV is UV (which damages the skin, same as being exposed to the sun); the same way, your wet gels can be cured by exposure to the sun. You can go to a disco with your gels wet and if there are LED lights, they will be cured!! It is not that I want to do any of those. Find on Ebay more economical and as good versions of LEDs. The ones sold in Canada for CAD400 (£251.575 TODAY!!!) are being sold on Ebay for £170.

UV is not all the same. I used another lamp to cure shellac and came out with terrible troubles!! Bought the CND lamp and now it's a dream. :) POOF! Problems gone! I'll b purchasing brisa next go round as well to complete my CND collection. Gigi has not lead me wrong yet. So if she says LED won't cure Shellac completely then id bet money that she's right.

Just saying....

Keri Hemba
Social Agenda Salon
Jackson, MS USA
[email protected]
Visit my blog at
http://uniquenailsbykeri.blog.com

Find me Facebook!

shellac cures with uv. (cnd lamp or brisa)

it's all a little easier if we follow what we are properly taught and follow manufacturer instruction..

Amen! :)

OH HELL ! so i literally just got the LED lamp this week and have been using it on all of my gel clients... GELERATION,SHELLAC AND GELISH..I had no idea it wouldnt work with shellac.. it does dry it but what will the end result be? less wear time? i would be very disappointed if it only works with gelish....anyone???????

Hello. When I was at the beauty fair 6 weeks ago, I went to the Shellac counter and of course, they still have a back log of UV lamps which they want to get rid off. I asked the gentleman about LED and he said something so silly that I just smiled. From my experience, I think all hybrid gel polishes which come in a nail polish bottle are LED compatible. I will buy a bottle of shellac and come back to you soon, but Most Probably.
You can buy one from [email protected] or [email protected]

I have the Gelish led lamp (new one) and the shellac lamp from Cnd and I use them with their respective shellac/Gelish. On myself, out of interest, I shellacked 2 fingers using Gelish led lamp and 2 on the other hand with normal shellac lamp and while the ones used with led looked perfect they peeled after 5 days. Obviously I wasn't planning on doing it on anyone else but i just wanted to see for myself what happened.

Hello. When I was at the beauty fair 6 weeks ago, I went to the Shellac counter and of course, they still have a back log of UV lamps which they want to get rid off. I asked the gentleman about LED and he said something so silly that I just smiled. From my experience, I think all hybrid gel polishes which come in a nail polish bottle are LED compatible. I will buy a bottle of shellac and come back to you soon, but Most Probably.
You can buy one from [email protected] or [email protected]

Oh behave!!!

OH HELL ! so i literally just got the LED lamp this week and have been using it on all of my gel clients... GELERATION,SHELLAC AND GELISH..I had no idea it wouldnt work with shellac.. it does dry it but what will the end result be? less wear time? i would be very disappointed if it only works with gelish....anyone???????

Hello all. I bought Shellac tutti-frutti ONLY with the purpose of trying it with a LED lamp and it cured PERFECTLY - With the same lamp I tried Geleration and Gelish and the same result PERFECT. Gelac thought took a bit longer but cured!!!

Has the Shellac lasted as long as it should with the LED lamp though?

I use Gelish with a UV lamp and want to buy an LED, what wattage do you need as the ones on ebay are 12w and the ones on harmony say (6) 5-watt LED lights [= 30 watts] confused.com.

I am happy to purchase from Harmony but just wondered?

Ladies, please don't buy those cheap tacky lamps from e-bay, to work professionally on your clients! They look cheap, are not that cheap to buy and don't cure as good as the appropriate lamp's for the job!!! Use the right tools for the right job, look more professional and give 1st class service to clients!! how would you feel going into a Salon and receiving skimped on treatments!!
If these lamps aren't curing properly, the treatment won't last the 2/3 weeks, thus giving the products/gels a bad reputation! If your going to do beauty Therapy, do it right or not at all!!! It drives me nuts!!
Rant over! :mad:

A Gelish LED lamp WILL CURE Shellac (and I have a list of more, just ask me and I will let you know). LED is LED, same as UV is UV (which damages the skin, same as being exposed to the sun); the same way, your wet gels can be cured by exposure to the sun. You can go to a disco with your gels wet and if there are LED lights, they will be cured!! It is not that I want to do any of those. Find on Ebay more economical and as good versions of LEDs. The ones sold in Canada for CAD400 (£251.575 TODAY!!!) are being sold on Ebay for £170.

Gelish will cure with any 36 watt lamp but not all lamps are the same, I use ibd gel & use a lamp designed to work with the brand of gel I use the ibd jet 5000 it has 2 x 8w bulbs & does the job when I've used my standard 36w lamp there has been a break down in the gel & when doing the infil the White gel hasn't cured fully & it's still sticky!! Use the lamp designed for the system you use!!

Hi I have one of those croissant shaped lamps !! 12w led !! I cure foundation 30 seconds and each colour cost 60 seconds and top coat 90 seconds .... How long do you do it for ?? As sometimes I feel that I don't have enough faith in my lamp !

:grr::grr::grr::grr::lol:

One word ... Piffle

Is that a new lamp? how many watts does it have? what shape is it? Does it come in Pink?

i think i need a lay down :smack:

Thought this was a continuation of our other :thread: but it's actually serious! Oh my lord xx

My inexpensive croissant shaped LED lamp from ebay cures Gelish fine and it looks very smart.
Personally, I'm not convinced by the pseudo science constantly being quoted about specific lamps for certain brands of gel. But that's just me and you have to make up your own mind.

So, in your opinion, what makes some science pseudo? What makes it factual?

Oh my lord! Some people obviously do not give a c**p about their clients by using the wrong lamps! Personally I would not risk it and you will find that if you use the wrong lamp and your client decides to sue you for what ever reason you WILL NOT be covered by your insurance so you will be personally liable. If you want to take the risk then take it but I for 1 will not take the risk!

Wow, this lamp issue has a life of its own! I, too, feel strongly about this, so maybe we should talk about it more, and more dispassionately.

I think it might be useful to review the science of gel polishes. First, both CFL-UV (compact fluorescent lamp) and LED-UV lamps generate the same light – UVA. They use different technologies to create it. The Science of Gels - Technique - NAILS Magazine The wavelength on the LED is narrower and the light more intense, but there is no evidence that LED-UV is “safer” than CFL-UV, which are already safe http://www.schoonscientific.com/downloads/UV-Nail-Lamp-Facts.pdf.

Secondly, the ingredient in gel polishes that cures it is the photoinitiators which respond to different wavelengths in the light, usually 300-400 nm http://www.nailsmag.com/article/93494/uv-or-not-uv. So if the photoinitiator is one wavelength and the light is another, you can get a bad cure, not always visible to the naked eye. In addition, CND Shellac® says that because photoinitiators can cause sensitivity, they use fewer photo initiators in Shellac. That would explain why Shellac tends to be problematic curing in LED-UV lamps. http://www.cnd.com/Products/PDF/4965_Shellac_Q&A_Consumer.pdf

Finally, wattage is not what matters in curing, output is. 36 watts indicates how much power the lamp uses, not what it puts out. You’d need a spectrophotometer for that. So all 36 watt lamps are not the same. In addition to wattage and output, design elements like bulb placement, reflectors, fans, ergonomic hand placement all make a big difference in the cure. We all know that the “clench” can totally screw up a cure!

The bottom line as I see it? It is always best to use the manufacturer-specified lamp, because that is what they have determined through testing gives the best cure. For some brands, like CND Shellac® it is required to use their lamp in order to be certified and use their trademarked name. Others, like HNH, ACG, etc., aren’t so specific. You’d go broke having a lamp for every brand. You have to assess whether you can provide a proper, safe service using a different lamp – but you must do that as a fully informed professional, and not dismiss things as pseudo-science or profiteering just because it is inconvenient or disagreeable to you. A professional is expected to apply her education, training and experience to provide the most appropriate and customized service to each client. Our cost, convenience and profit must never interfere with doing what’s right for the client.

Last edited:
skipping forward a few months I can see the thread titles "please help" or "urgent" my client now thinks she's allergic to shellac. No sh*t Sherlock.

Christ someone tell me I was never this rude or disrespectful of science and experience.

Latest posts

Back