Gelish over acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debs001

Reaction score
Hi someone has asked for gelish but they have acrylics or gels already so is this ok to do and is the procedure the same? Thanks

Sorry meant to add, I only do my own natural nails and it's a friend who's asked :)

You can put gelish over acrylics or gel enhancements Hun xxx

I'm doing this loads at the moment. People want long extensions painted with gelish colours with konad stamps on top. Works really well.

Thanks for the replies, what about when it's removed? Wont the enhancements come off too?

I always file of Hun xx

We do gelish over acrylics in work. My noss got in touch with gelish and they told her not to put foundation on but ur 2x colour and top it off xx

Sent from my GT-I5801 using SalonGeek

I've got a few clients interested in gelish over acrylics.

What does everyone charge for this? As opposed to just gelish or just acrylics. I'm unsure how much extra to charge xx

You can absolutely put Gelish over enhancements! It's fabulous, stays super shiney and doesn't wear off like traditional polish.

Elminate the base coat and go straight to the color coat. When it comes to removal, file it off. No soaking.

I charge $15 for Shellac or Gelish over enhancements. That's without nail art.

Oops I did it yesterday and lightly buffed her gels but I did use a thin layer of base :( I used good gossip and she loved it! She couldn't stop looking at her nails, the only thing was you could still see the white tips showing through slightly (I did 3 coats) but she's having them soaked off after Xmas anyway so I don't need to worry about the removal

I'm doing this loads at the moment. People want long extensions painted with gelish colours with konad stamps on top. Works really well.

i have a professional konad kit too so do i use gelish with the konad? scrape and stamp or gelish, wipe sticky layer and then konad polish?

Oops I did it yesterday and lightly buffed her gels but I did use a thin layer of base :( I used good gossip and she loved it! She couldn't stop looking at her nails, the only thing was you could still see the white tips showing through slightly (I did 3 coats) but she's having them soaked off after Xmas anyway so I don't need to worry about the removal

I dont use with tips when my client is wanting gelish.. Use natural tips then you wont have the worry of seeing anything through your colour x

I dont use with tips when my client is wanting gelish.. Use natural tips then you wont have the worry of seeing anything through your colour x

I didn't do her tips as I only do natural but she now wants me to soak her nails off and just reapply gelish as she liked it :)

Latest posts

Back