Gelish problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflower83

Reaction score
Hi
i have been doing gelish nails for a few weeks now and my clients are very happy will them. no chipping etc like you except. but the problem is after i have soaked them off. the nails seem weak and splitting. i thought gelish was not suppose to harm the natural nail...

please help as this is the only problem im having and would like it sorting asap :sad:

What are you using to soak off? Are you being careful to not overbuff the natural nail and are you clients using their cuticle/solar oil twice daily?

It won't be the product that's making them dry and split, as Kattyj said its more likely to be either over buffing ( you don't need to buff at all ) or could it be that the clients nails were like this before application ? Lots of clients forget what their nails were actually like before ! Also, when your removing, the Gelish should literally slide off, are you scrapping at all as You'l be damaging the nat nail. Hth x

It won't be the product that's making them dry and split, as Kattyj said its more likely to be either over buffing ( you don't need to buff at all ) or could it be that the clients nails were like this before application ? Lots of clients forget what their nails were actually like before ! Also, when your removing, the Gelish should literally slide off, are you scrapping at all as You'l be damaging the nat nail. Hth x

Sorry to hijack the thread! I'm finding I have to scrape the nails too. It's the only problem I'm having now and it's driving me mad. A lovely geek on here suggested cotton wool and foil rather than magis wraps as they hold more remover. Also heated mitts. What does everyone else do? I'd be thrilled to find the Gelish simply lifting off the nails, but it doesn't! Also, if you use structure gel, do you need to buff first? Any help would be great. Thank you xx

Should have chosen Shellac! It just removes like magic! Off in ten minutes & no damage to the natural nail? It's simply the best

Should have chosen Shellac! It just removes like magic! Off in ten minutes & no damage to the natural nail? It's simply the best

The OP's question was about Gelish NOT Shellac ?

Last edited:
I do use shellac, and I admit it comes off quite easily (although I struggled to begin with-think my base coat was too thick) I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong with Gelish removal - I've read lots of people saying it removes easily, but mine doesn't! Help! Xx

With regards to the op's question.....yes if your using structure give it a good file first, otherwise just file enough to break the seal, I always use a cotton wool and your remover ( enough cotton wool to soak up a good amount of acetone/ remover) , when you wrap the foil be careful not to squeeze the remover out, I do have one client who always has cold hand so I use a heat pad with her, but really have another go with the cotton wool and see how you go.

With regards to the op's question.....yes if your using structure give it a good file first, otherwise just file enough to break the seal, I always use a cotton wool and your remover ( enough cotton wool to soak up a good amount of acetone/ remover) , when you wrap the foil be careful not to squeeze the remover out, I do have one client who always has cold hand so I use a heat pad with her, but really have another go with the cotton wool and see how you go.

Thanks Lilly. I'll give the cotton wool another go. I'd be ecstatic if I could get t to remove easily...I love Gelish and so do my clients...it's just this removal thats a nightmare. Xx

Don't be worried about giving it a good file, your only filing the product not the nail x

Don't be worried about giving it a good file, your only filing the product not the nail x

Do you file even if you haven't used structure gel? Do you use a white 180 buffer? X

Much better not to have to file it at all before removing.

I always have but reading the Gelish group you don't have too, habit with me I suppose.

Do you file even if you haven't used structure gel? Do you use a white 180 buffer? X

I do, but that's just habit, have a look on the Gelish group it's give tones of advice x

When I went on the course they said that you had to file the top layer has top it off is acetone resistant so you need to break the seal!!

I've only had one go to to remove this product and it was taking a while.

Only just started using it so will see how my friends comes off!

Hi
i have been doing gelish nails for a few weeks now and my clients are very happy will them. no chipping etc like you except. but the problem is after i have soaked them off. the nails seem weak and splitting. i thought gelish was not suppose to harm the natural nail...

please help as this is the only problem im having and would like it sorting asap :sad:

What I do when removing Gelish is lightly buff the polish add the soak off onto a lint pad wrap around nail then wrap foil around this then place the clients hands in a towel slightly warm. Then leave for 10 mins then it slides off.
I have found with clients who don't use cuticle oil there nails can be a lot worse then those who do, they tend to be weak and split. But this can also be caused by over buffing the natural nail to start with.

HTH xx

Latest posts

Back