Gelish problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine83

Reaction score
I had a client who had acrylics on for about 2 months & decided to get them removed & have a French Gelish.
She has had Gelish before & loved it as it lasted really well.
I was really shocked when she told me her Gelish only last one day & now her normally strong nails are snapping?
Can anyone give me advise?

Hi
It could be that her nails are weak from the acrylics and the soak off. Acetone really makes the nails weak and brittle and after a soak off don't return to normal strength for a couple of days.

It may be worth getting her back in and using structure gel by gelish prior to the colour application.

Hope this helps x

I have also found that former L&P wearers get used to the strength that L&P provides and forget how fragile their nails really are. If she is treating her Gelished nails the way she treated her L&P nails, it is likely that they would be chipping and breaking! You can try adding Structure or Vitagel. I find Vitagel Recovery really good for clients coming off of L&P, but remember that no way gel polish is ever going to be as strong as L&P, so make sure her expectations are realistic.

Hi

As previously said, a transition from l+p to Gelish is quite a jump on the strength front.

Keep the nails short, if she has any file damage add a bit of extra oomph with Structure gel.

The whole 'Feel' of Gelish to L+P will be a lot different for her in the beginning...but i find clients like the thin natural appearance that Gelish can give them.

hth

Latest posts

Back