Gelish Starburst problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clara566

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you could help?
Thankfully I have only used starburst on one client (family member). First time I used it I found it was quite watery and to cut a long story short it didnt last on clients nails and ended up contacting nail harmony who tested it and thought maybe slight problem with colour pigment? Anyway they replaced it and I applied to nails again. I couldnt believe differnce, it applied so much better. Sadly though after 3 days application I was told there was a chip on thumb.
It is so strange as I did a client yesterday for a soak off and her gelish had been on for 23 days!!! Only regrowth was visible.
Maybe its me???? HELP!!!! Surely it cant be polish?
Thanks in advance

Are all your other colours ok? Otherwise I would say check your bulbs x

What lamp are you using?

Starburst sometimes needs 3 thin coats to get the real colour. Sometimes colours do need this.

What about your client - what has she been up to to have a chip on her thumb?

It is quite normal for some clients to chip their thumbs or index fingers as they use them as tools!

Don't worry, analyse instead ..... If you see a colour looks opaque on the 2nd coat, then add another layer. If your clients are not taking care of their nails, its not your work!

I've just this min finished doing my starburst, I use it all the time as I live the colour, only ever 2 coats, bulbs ?

Thank you for your replies!
Yes it has only been Starburst, other colours fine. Well no complaints!
I am using the Gelish 18g led lamp. It was a brand new 1 that I got in February for doing the course.
I do know the client uses a computer alot and is on her mobile phone texting etc. She did say she has never had this problem with Shellac which she was using before?
I think when I soak my own colour off my fingers next week I will apply starburst. The lady I had in yesterday for soak off had hot rod red on (lovely colour) and it had been on for 23 DAYS!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Maybe she caught it with the knife while chopping food, common accident with inside edge of thumbs.

Have another go and see what happens. If your other clients are getting good wear then it's not you :)
Explain this to her if it happens again

X

Hi :0)
I doesn't sound to me like this is a problem with your replacement bottle of starburst, on this occasion I think your client has just chipped her nail herself,
There will be times when they chip, and times when they don't.
And they could drive you mental trying to work out what YOU did wrong when in actual fact, you have done nothing wrong lol

I have a friend/ client who I have seen for 6 years, she is the worsed nail biter/picker you could Imagine.

She still insists that a certain way of application i tried once was better for her nails as they ' lasted her months' she never listens to the fact they didn't just last her months, we kept infilling them religiously every 2 weeks and she just didn't pick any off during that time,

I have done the same way since and she has picked them off , but still wonders 'what I did differently thAt one time' to make them last better. . . IT'S NOT ME WOMAN, IT'S YOU!!! :D

As a nail tech as long as we know we are doing everything correctly then the rest is down to the client.
Don't let it knock you x

Over time they often stop looking after their nails as well as they did when they first had them done, blaming the gel polish where in fact they used their nails to pick off stickers.

Last edited:
Maybe she caught it with the knife while chopping food, common accident with inside edge of thumbs.

Don't forget graters!!

Yep, clients very rarely admit that it's their fault when it comes to gel polish chipping.

Latest posts

Back