Gelish Top Coat problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nila

Reaction score
I'm so annoyed with Gelish top coat that I'm at the point to throw all the colours in the bin and stop offering Gelish....

My top coat suddenly started curing while I was working and the brush was getting hard, apparently because my table is near the window which was very confusing as I was always working there! I don't know how all of a sudden we started having more UV in the daylight!!! Anyway I quickly ordered a new top coat and changed the place of my table and sat in the back of the salon where there is hardly any daylight but the same thing happened again to my new bottle!

After searching a lot I found a roller blind to fit my big window and ordered ANOTHER top coat, thought the problem was solved and I could work with no worries... So I opened the NEW top coat and started paining but it was coming with lumpy bits again!!!!! :grr:

I gave up! I don't know what else I should do. I have now 3 full bottles of top coat with lumps in them!!!

I can't keep buying them, they are expensive! So I'm trying to work with them as it is coz I have no other choice but it just ruins my work and the beautiful nails that I paint with so much attention ends up looking messy.. when I try to go over it to get the hard bits off the nail, the colour also comes off with the brush and I can't obviously ignore the bits and leave them there, so what to do???

Sometimes I just want to leave the client there and go somewhere cry...:cry: and I'm the one who really loved Gelish and enjoyed doing it.

It's just not fun anymore. :sad:

Oh no! What a shame. I'd contact Nail Harmony again if I were you and explain all the changes you have made to ensure it isn't the sun coming through the window that's causing the problem. Best of luck. ;)

You're not leaving your bottles open near your lamp while you cure are you?x

Can you not pour out a wee bit of top it off into a dappen dish and then use a brush to apply it ?
Ring nail harmony and talk to them, you might be able to buy new brushes for the bottles.

I don't leave the bottle anywhere near the lamp. They are the other side of the table when I work and I always keep them in my drawer after I finish.

I already got a few brushes from nail harmony and they said they can't replace the bottle coz I cured it!
Those lumps are killing me...those lumps!!! :sad:

At the moment there is only a small window on top of the entrance door that has light coming through and it's only a small one about 30x60cm and it's about 3-4m away from my table. Should I cover that as well??!!!! I already feel like in jail when I do gelish!

I'm sure you can get something to put over the window that blocks out uv. Worth a try.

Why did they change the title of my thread???!!! I asked them if I said something wrong and they are not answering! Did I disrespect a brand or taking their business away?!!!!

Why did they change the title of my thread???!!! I asked them if I said something wrong and they are not answering! Did I disrespect a brand or taking their business away?!!!!

Who knows hon.
Have you tried getting uv filter screens for your windows which don't cut out too much light?
Did you say this is a new problem, if so since when?

I've been using gelish for 1 1/2 yrs and today for the first time ever my brush spoilt i know why it was the uv rays coming through the window and hit my brush arrg but I had an old bottle and used that brush!

Who knows hon.
Have you tried getting uv filter screens for your windows which don't cut out too much light?
Did you say this is a new problem, if so since when?

No it's not a new problem, it started 2-3 months ago. I tried to fix it and after I put the roller blind my brush is not getting hard anymore but for some reason I still get those little lumps coming with the top coat and stick to the nails which is so annoying.. it seems there is nothing more I can do to get rid of them. I can't spent any more money on anything else and besides the blind I got is a blackout.

I just wanted to see if anybody else has this problem and how they live with it!!!!

Apparently, the top coat doesn't need it to be sunny for it to set. If in a conservatory or window near you, it is enough to clog it up.

Is your desk lamp an LED lamp (many are). This will cure gelish.

Can't u use the topcoat solely for rock star nails? Mine has done this, but I did work in conservatory so I moved out.

Latest posts

Back