George E. Cat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HWilliams

Reaction score
I have a female Moggy called George aka Georgie, named after George Best. She's black and white and is 4 years old. She'll be 5 on the 15th May so she's a Taurus. I love her loads, she's like my first child! She's cuddled up in a ball on my bed as I type. She says Miaow to you all x

I was chit-chatting... :-(

Any cat owners on here that has a cat suffering with acne?

Yes, cat acne!

My poor George has been suffering for over a year now :-(

Any advice, vet charges me £98 to for a jab that clears it for only a couple of months... Getting expensively silly now.

Yes, my pure white show cat has had it!!!

If you use plastic feeding dishes throw them away immediately, use metal ones and wash them daily at high temperature. Oils from foods can exacerbate the problem which is caused by sebaceous excretions. Switch to dry food if possible - a high quality one not cheap as chips go-cat or the like. Wash the chin area daily with a chlorhexidine based soap such as hibiscrub or betadine. Likelihood is it will also be present in the tail, can often look like flea dirt.

Express the blackheads and clean immediately after with solution as above.

It does take a while to go sadly but the bowls thing is crucial.

HTH

Thank you, I will buy her a new dish then... And she eats Hills Science Plan Optimum Care. Only the best for my baby.

I think that's the stuff I have from vet to wash her with but man, she is strong! Very hard to pin her down to do it and I really have to pin her down! Even vet said, he's never in 17 years seen a domestic female cat that strong.

Xxx

Done the metal bowl thing... She had a jab on Monday so starting to clear again... Bless

Oh and she was diagnosed wrong... It's Dermatitis :-(

X

The little bugger has had my Christmas tree over 4 times now!

Fuming with her!

Silly mog!

Latest posts

Back