Getting your leaflets out there. suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te1fer

Reaction score
Hi

I had my leaflets printed last Thursday which have turned out lovely and i am really plaeased with them:)

The thing is i am unsure where to give them out. i did do a few different streets leaflet dropping however i havent had 1 fone call (gutted)

I really dont want to waste me leaflets as they werent cheap so any suggestions

I went out yesterday to hairdressers only, library and doctors and a few gyms which dont offer beauty treatments

Am really stuck now where else to put them a really want to get them out in time for the xmas parties and hopefully get sum clients

All advice is appreciated

Also i offer Princess Parties so advice where to hand these out is also greatly appriciated

Sam xx

Do you have a junior school nearby? What about asking them to pop a leaflet in the school bags ? Then you could kill 2 birds with one stone, you'l be advertising the princess parties right where they are needed and also to mums needing nice nails for Christmas !? Or maybe ask the school if they would pop a short ad onto their newsletter ?

Do you have a junior school nearby? What about asking them to pop a leaflet in the school bags ? Then you could kill 2 birds with one stone, you'l be advertising the princess parties right where they are needed and also to mums needing nice nails for Christmas !? Or maybe ask the school if they would pop a short ad onto their newsletter ?

Hiya, my children's school unfortunately won't allow any "advertising" material to be put into school bags. However, I've arranged to donate 2 "spray tan vouchers" as raffle prizes for two local schools' Christmas Fayres, with the aim of simply getting my name out there. The organiser at one school gave my number to her friend and I've already had a booking from it! In March, I'm donating another voucher for a school's Ladies Indulgence Evening, and in return they're putting my flyers in all the goody bags.
Today I roamed my local town centre high street and handed out about 60 flyers, but it was a bit hit and miss I think (and I didn't enjoy the rejections from some people!).
Last Thursday at 7.30am my kind local newsagent allowed me to put my flyer in all the newspapers and magazines, and I left a small stack of them by the till. Another local post office/shop has agreed to let me do the same this week.
I understand the success rate from leaflet dropping is very low, but I think it's got to be worth a try. My friend was with me on the high street today and she was spying on the people who took a flyer and said that every single one of them walked along reading it and put it in their bag, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck with your leaflet dropping xx

I am also targetting barbers in my area , mens shops etc. Why? well at this time of year fellas will begin their xmas shopping soon!

Next week I am also targetting those ladies shops, chocolate shops, lingerie, shoes, any sort of shop that i think women will go in.

I know its hit and miss often, but what you need to do is have a plan. think about your kind of customer and where in your local area do you think they might shop? (other than local supermarkets).

Its hard work and can be tiring, but just think , you can buy yourself some lovely new shoes to replace the ones you will wear out . lol.

tigi

Can I ask Calla a question, I have been on the website that you recommend for printing flyers but I'm not sure how to do it! The jargon is a bit confusing about bleeds and colours etc. I have created a flyer in publisher, can I send that to be printed???

Hey,

I have printed my own leaflets before and you need to be aware of a few points.

You usally need to make your artwork at 300 dpi. This means 300 dots per inch resolution. This means you will get a good quality print so make sure if you use any photographss from stock image website that you download them in high resolution for print and not for web use which is only 72 dpi. A low this low web resolution they will look grainy when printed.

Also you need to supply your artwork in CMYK colour format. Usually you use RGB which means Red Green and Blue. This is ok for the internet but not print. CMYK is Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black and the professional colour setting for print. Be careful if you convert from RGB to CMYK as sometimes the colours you see on your monitor are different to what is printed.

I made a lovely leaflet in a nice pink but when it printed it was bright red so be careful!

Bleed is a sort of allowance area I think so make sure you don't put any informtant text or images in this area.

I found a good direct to disk guide at printing.com which helped me a lot.

You can download it here. Free Downloads | printing.com

Go for it I say, it is really nice when you design and print something yourself.

NK

Hi

I had my leaflets printed last Thursday which have turned out lovely and i am really plaeased with them:)

The thing is i am unsure where to give them out. i did do a few different streets leaflet dropping however i havent had 1 fone call (gutted)

I really dont want to waste me leaflets as they werent cheap so any suggestions

I went out yesterday to hairdressers only, library and doctors and a few gyms which dont offer beauty treatments

Am really stuck now where else to put them a really want to get them out in time for the xmas parties and hopefully get sum clients

All advice is appreciated

Also i offer Princess Parties so advice where to hand these out is also greatly appriciated

Sam xx

Put them where people have to wait. Takeaways is a really good one, people will instinctively pick up something to read whilst waiting. Ladies loos in pubs in another good one.

I also give them to any business owners that I have as clients, they are always getting asked who does their nails and are happy to distribute my cards.

Latest posts

Back